PDA

View Full Version : just a thought....

miss_worry
19-11-08, 22:22
I was not sure where to post this on the forum, so stuck it in here!

Hi everyone

I thought I would write a line or two! To cut a long story short and the main reason why I am writing this is because I feel I have to get it all off my chest and hope someone reads this?!

So here it goes, as a lot of you people already know my husband has been offered a job in the USA. Great news, fantastic opportunity. We are not missing out and definitely moving across there next year. Both our hearts are set on this move now so no going back.

I have been suffering anxiety and panic attacks most of my life. Health anx was my speciality this year especially.

Since finding out about our move and everything else going wrong in the meantime, guess what my symptoms have almost diminished?!? Well more to the point my constant worry of thinking I have a brain tumor or going to have a heart attack and the constant thoughts of “oh no what’s the next illness - I won’t have long to live”. Those horrible thoughts have gone for the time being, because my mind is focused on other things, more important things like will we get visas on time for the move etc etc . To be honest I’m finding the whole packing up and go stressful which is totally normal and to be expected. Considering I will be leaving my loved ones behind and packing in a good job to start a new life in a country I have never even visited, I have to be honest I think I am doing well so far (so far so good eh). I’ve not had a mental breakdown (yet - although I feel like I don’t know whether I’m coming or going at the moment).

So, I just thought I would let you all know and speaking from a fellow sufferer you can do it. Make changes in your life to make yourself better, the small things in life especially. Don’t let anxiety and panic get in the way. I know easier said that done and not everyone gets life changing opportunities but make the most of what you have got here and now. Grab opportunities that come your way and make the most of it, we only live once and why waste such a precious life on anxiety? Just a thought and thank you for reading :)

Vxxx

feels_like_home
20-11-08, 02:28
You are so right. I know I make decisions based on anxiety and I miss out on a lot of opportunities. What a positive way of looking at change. Thanks for sharing.
Michelle

miss_worry
20-11-08, 18:21
thanks for the reply Michelle, glad someone appreciates some positivity ;-)