PDA

View Full Version : Wish the panic would go.

avery
20-11-08, 00:25
Hi All,

I just really need to vent.

I feel as tho I'm really losing my patience with the panic lately.

As I said in my introduction I've had panic disorder for nearly 3 years. It's taken me 1.5 years of 'therapy' (CBT) to drive over a bridge. I keep double checking myself to see if panic is there. Well guess what? It's back with a vengeance.

Now when I double check myself and the stomach knots are back, the sweaty palms, the derealisation. That's the worst bit. Everything doesn't look real... Even after 3 years it scares the living crap out of me. I had to drive over the bridge again and I cried and cried because the symptoms were back. I tried the deep breathing beforehand, but NOTHING gets rid of teh drealisation. I even have it as I'm sitting in my office at work. I'm waiting for the next attack to strike... I just know it's coming *sigh*

I want to ball my eyes out at work too.

When will this battle end? I don't want to live my life with this constant anxiety.

feels_like_home
20-11-08, 02:24
I understand the double checking. I do that from the min. I wake up to the min. I go to bed. If you look close enough you are bound to find what you are looking for. I think the battle ends when we pay no attention to our symptoms. I am still working toward that. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Veronica H
20-11-08, 08:48
Hi there,

Many of us know how you are feeling right now, I think a setback is in some ways more alarming than the original attack in that we have forgotten how aweful it feels even though we have learned new coping skills and are more educated about it. It is immediate and powerful but it will pass.
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. You keep going over that bridge, and remember how far you have come in dealing with this 'thing' .:bighug1:
Veronica

Burdock
20-11-08, 21:25
Yup, you are not alone! When you are facing up to crossing that bridge, remember there are tens of thousands of people sitting with you :flowers:

avery
21-11-08, 09:50
Thank you.. I will take a look at the book and the recordings.

This battle just seems neverending :(

Hugs to you all :hugs:

titch
21-11-08, 10:00
just wanted to say you have beat it before hun and u can do it again..keep strong were all here for u hun...xx take care xx