PDA

View Full Version : Someone breaking in

Toast
20-11-08, 04:12
Oh my gosh is anyone else awake?

I am so scared that someone is gonna break in. There is this horrible beeping noise in my flat and i am too scared to leave my bedroom. I am soo so anxious. I wish the police would just come and check on me. But i would be to scared to open the door.

I can't even go to the loo.

Please say someone is awake. :weep:

xxx

purplehaze
20-11-08, 04:24
hey toast

you will be ok

throw toast at them

or make barking noises

sorry I know its not a nice feeling but plenty people on here just now

Anxious_gal
20-11-08, 04:27
I get that fear too, mostly when I'm alone n it's dark,
is it the fire alarm? I hope not!
I want toast now!
what kind of beeping sound?

Toast
20-11-08, 04:59
It's ok now! Thanks so much. I have double locked the front door and turned all the lights on.

I took the battery out of the fire alarm but there is still one beep every 5 mins or something. It's annoying but I feel less anxious now. I have some calming mozart on....

Thanks so much for the replies

xxxx

marie1974
20-11-08, 10:41
hello toast, hope u ok today, i hate that feeling, i get like that at night even with my hubby here with me.

we live with part of a business and i constantly worry about being robbed and people getting into the house etc when im sleeping, i like to leave lights on and stuff too.
hugs xxx

Shaky
20-11-08, 17:05
Dont forget to put the batteries back in the fire alarm :winks:

alias_kev
20-11-08, 20:55
I took the battery out of the fire alarm but there is still one beep every 5 mins or something. It's annoying but I feel less anxious now. I have some calming mozart on....

Just to follow up on this. Most smoke detectors have a low battery warning which makes them bleep quite hard every so many minutes. You may have multiple smoke detectors in your house/flat.

If its a flat then the communial area or another flat might have a detector with low batteries. Some mobiles (or even washing machines) bleep when they want you to know something (low battery, message, finished, etc) and can be very insistent depending on the device or settings.

To reassure you further its unlikely to signify immediate danger (as its so intermittent). Unless (begin-joke) you are being attacked very slowly by a dr who dilec with a battery problem (end-joke).

Really though I do understand with GAD or phobias its quite possible to be very alarmed by anything at all - especially if its a loud or urgent noise.

Toast
21-11-08, 01:24
Thanks all so much. Tonight I feel quite chilled out, long may it last. I will get my boyfriend to sort out the smoke alarms on Sunday when he is back. xxx

london
21-11-08, 03:59
your in london like me there is no crime here lol

Toast
22-11-08, 00:42
Oh no, I feel very anxious again tonight! Reassuring myself, it must be the neighbours making the noises. All the doors are very very locked.

And the washing machine is going. I don't know why but I find that reassuring, burglars are more likely to not bother burgling somewhere where the washing machine is going.

xxx

purplehaze
22-11-08, 04:19
Burglars tend to not bother with houses that are difficult to break in to

1/ Front door thats secure

2/ windows that are shut and if possible bolted

3/back door locked and any french doors locked and blinds curtains pulled over

They look for easy targets

I would suggest

getting a light sensor for front and back, believe me they wont want that going off

My advice tomorrow is lock everything from the outside and then see if you could break in without making a noise and if you cant believe me your safe.

hope this helps