PDA

View Full Version : health anxieties and lots of checkups/appts

redballoons
20-11-08, 10:17
hi
I was wondering how you cope with health panics when you have a reason to have lots of checkups etc.

I am pregnant with my third baby, my first two pregnancies I had preeclampsia which was pretty severe with my son and ended with me nearing kidney failure etc. I am 26 weeks pregnant now and my problems have started before at this stage. I was in hospital on the weekend because i nearly fainted, I had expected them to put it all down to anxiety but instead they just told me that my bp was up and i had a small amount of protein in urine etc (signs of preeclampsia) logically they also said it could be just a blip at this point - so i know i SHOULD just relax but as we all know that pretty much not going to happen.

I have many many appointments, checks and blood tests etc coming up (I have two tomorrow for example) and to be honest i am in a right state about it!. I havent actually managed to leave the house since saturday, and my husband had to take the last few days off work because i just felt so ill and shaky. He is in work today and i feel a little better but I have already spent most of the day panicking which isnt nice.

I very much wanted this baby and before I was pregnant I didnt really realise that i was so anxious about it but now its seriously all i think about and it doesnt help that i have been told to rest so going for a walk or round the shops etc is pretty much out and i have two toddlers at home so anything relaxing is pretty much out! .

help! I have posted about this a few days ago in the general anxiety boards so sorry for sounding obbsessive:blush:

sophie

nanny
20-11-08, 10:37
Hi There

You don't sound obssesive you just sound anxious and no wonder.
It is hard to relax when you have 2 children, dr's make me laugh when they give that advice.
Do try not to get too het up about all these checks, i know thats easier said than done but after all it's good that they are watching you like a hawk hey:)

Here's a few hugs, hoping it will make you feel a little less alone

:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: