PDA

View Full Version : Going cold turkey.

lennons_mammy
20-11-08, 11:37
I have been sertraline for 1 and half months and it is doing absolutlely nothing for me at all so the doctor has prescribed me propranolol and citalopram 20mg. I have to withdraw from the sertraline before I can take the other medication. But I would like to get onto the new medication as soon as possible and was wondering if anyone thought it would be ok to just go cold turkey? Would there be any withdrawl effects?

lennons_mammy
20-11-08, 15:12
nobody know?

bottleblond
20-11-08, 18:26
Can you come of the other meds grandually? What does your doctor think hun?

If you have only been on the med for a month and a half then i really don't think you are going to have any major problems but don't take my word for it. Have another word with your doctor and see what he says.

Sorry i can't be of more help

Best of luck with it

Love Lisa
xxx
:flowers:

joy
20-11-08, 19:03
As sertraline and citalopram are both ssri s it should be possible to cross taper ,that is reduce the old med while taking a reduced dose of the new one. Lots of GPs would say just stop one and take the new one. The propanalol could start at anytime as its not a a/d. I am not a doc so maybe check with yours or with a pharmacist

Joy

rainwave
21-11-08, 00:14
I have been on and off Zoloft for years. I get better and run for a wile without meds and then the ocd flairs up. This time I am on 150MG. This time it is not working so well. But I had a comprehensive neurotransmitter test and my saratonin was in the tank. So I don't have enough of that juice to re-uptake in the first place.