PDA

View Full Version : Is diazpam suppose to lift your mood?

anx mum
20-11-08, 13:22
Been on diazpam for a while now and still feeling v panicky and low

bumbles
20-11-08, 13:25
NO DIAZEPAN WILL NOT LIFT YOUR MOOD , IT CLAMS ANXIETY BUT HAS NO EFFECT ON YOUR MOOD. x:bighug1:

joyce1980
20-11-08, 14:15
How long have you been on diazepam

If you are are probably thinking of ssri's they can help but take 4 weeks to work.

Also diazepam is very addicted be careful

anx mum
20-11-08, 14:24
Been on diazpam a month and a half on 4mg find im still panicky

joy
21-11-08, 18:39
Thats A Pretty Low Dose
They Dont Lift Your Mood But If They Make You Calmer Your Mood Naturally Feels Better

Joy

Yvonne
22-11-08, 10:24
Anx Mum

You wrote the post that I've wanted to write. I take them as and when - I'm allowed to take 2mg 4 times a day but I don't. I am like you have low mood and I just wish they would work to bring the mood up.

I notice that they make me feel more relaxed but they are no magic wands are they.

Jan63
22-11-08, 10:30
My doctor gave me diazapam but only 14 tablets because I know they don't really like to give you these. I was wondering if there is any other tablets that you can take long term to keep you calm because I do get anxious really quickly and feel I need something to calm me when I get like this but I know they won't prescribe me any more diazapam when these run out.:weep:

jo61
22-11-08, 10:30
They can actually push mood down. They're not an antidepressant so will only supress anxiety or panic. Are you on anything else? 4-6 weeks is as long as most GPs will prescribe it for, even at low doses. If you're worried, go backto your GP

joyce1980
23-11-08, 20:25
My doctor gave me diazapam but only 14 tablets because I know they don't really like to give you these. I was wondering if there is any other tablets that you can take long term to keep you calm because I do get anxious really quickly and feel I need something to calm me when I get like this but I know they won't prescribe me any more diazapam when these run out.:weep:

SSRIS, MAOIS, TRICLYIC .... to name a few, I don't think they prescribe maios too much anymore.

I have been on the ssri paroxetine for 8 years.

they take around 4 weeks to work, speak to your Dr x xx