PDA

View Full Version : Still so scared despite all the wonderful help and support i've been given

Carol27
20-11-08, 16:14
Hi everyone, i have been getting wonderful help and support but i am still so scared, i maybe have some moments of relief from the intense withdrawal anxiety and panic but the intense symptoms always come back. I am barely functioning and cry constantly. The mental symptoms are the scariest for me, i have this awful bizarre off the wall thought which terrifies me and my biggest fear apart from the thought itself is that it will stay even if anxiety goes, i've been told it won't but because it is so persistent and bizarre i find it hard to understand that its not now lodged in my brain somewhere forever, i am so despondent, i miss my life, i miss my family and friends and i miss me, al i feel is fear, do weird thoughts go away when anxiety does as i am so scared, love Carol.x

emma1980
20-11-08, 16:28
Hi Carol,

Yes the weird thoughts do go away, I promise.

I was very much like you a few months ago and couldn't imagine feeling any differently, but things have improved and my thoughts have slowly seemed less important.

Believe that it will improve and give it time - it will get easier, and you will slowly start to feel better.

Yvonne
20-11-08, 17:04
Carol

Out of interest what help and support have you had? And do you mean professional help and support i.e. cbt, meds etc. Also, how long have you suffered?

I can relate very well to your post. I don't feel fear all the time thank god but despite all the treatment I've had I still don't seem to be able to get there. I tend to get upset and cry because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere - and that hurts because I do try so hard.

Please put your mind at ease about those t houghts, yes they do go definitely. They are naughty little intrusive thoughts which make you feel awful at the time but they will retreat as the anxiety levels lower. Thoughts don't have to be true, it's just we think that every thought we have is true and we should take notice of them. Thoughts are not facts.

Take care of yourself.

Carol27
20-11-08, 17:51
Thankyou so much for your support, its just that i have never ever come across anyone with such a bizarre off the wall thought as mine, my GP says its anxiety and is more intense due to coming off of meds too quickly, its the thought that popped into my head during halloween week, i hate spiders and pictures of them were everywhere and all of a sudden the strangest thought 'i am a spider' just came in my head from nowhere and i immediately panic and have been since, firstly because its content is so bizarre and secondly that i fear it will never go even when better, i feel so alone and different due to it strangeness and can't inagine anyone else ever thinking such stuff, its hard even to tell you all about it in case you think i'm crazy, love Carol x