PDA

View Full Version : Under control ????????

Missy69
20-11-08, 17:14
Hiya,
Just out of interest, i wondered if anyone thought they had there anxieties under control ???

EmmaJane
20-11-08, 18:29
I cant vote on this as im not allowed....
I think i am getting them under control

helen_1
21-11-08, 01:47
well i voted no way i have had anxiety for nearly 10 years now and every pain,headache or twitch i get still panicks me so no i havent got control over it and its so annoying to know i havent

leeann
21-11-08, 07:49
Umm. some days is better then others. Some times when I have a panic attack I can really calm my self down. But other times is terrible.

The negative thoughts in my head are always there. Some thing I have to work on :)

pinkpiglet
23-11-08, 18:44
Hell yeah!.................Then!!..............BOOM!!!. .........Back to square one!!!!

At the minute I am getting through my most recent horrific spell of anxiety (my worst to press) but I am not convinced that I will ever truly be free of panic and anxiety.

I start a 6 week stint @ stress pac after christmas so I am keeping optimistic.
If this doesnt work, I don't think anything ever will.

Franz
24-11-08, 01:32
Not only are my anxieties not under control, over the course of this last year I have given up all hope of ever getting them under control.

jwoulf
01-12-08, 08:04
I go back and forth. these last two weeks were the worst ever by far, but now I am feeling much better.

cassi23
01-12-08, 11:59
I can control my anxieties but that doesn't stop me from feeling like **** somedays!!! I can stop panic in its tracks now, and am (mostly) rational now when i think theres something wrong. Actually i suppose i should say on the right road! lol

Missy69
01-12-08, 13:38
lol cassi, well at least you no now that your further than you thought lol

tigger1964
23-02-09, 07:08
Hi Missy,

I voted think im on the right road, cos i really do at think im getting better, still a long way to go and a lot more hard work to come.

xsharonx

Missy69
23-02-09, 08:51
Sharon,

Awwww im really pleased for you !!

Sending you loads of Good lucks to continue the right road (((X)))

PUGLETMUM
23-02-09, 12:52
:) the only way ive been able to cope with my fears - which i see as starting when i was about 13 (culminating in me having pa's and 6 months off school age 14:lac: ) - it has interfered with my life and my coping skills over life events on/off ever since - so th eonly way ive been able to cope is when i discovered mindfulness as taught by john kabat zinn - it is a beautiful philosophy of acceptance and self-care - that gets you to focus very very closely on your physical state - which in my experience has helped to lower my fear of 'mental' symptoms becasue i am too preoccupied - and which seems to just disolve all symptoms becasue you are looking so closely at them and your not trying desperately to make them go away - same for feelings no matter how painful and depressing they are, by going very very close to them you see that they dont overwhelm as you may fear they would - they slowly change and they come and go and they are bearable:yesyes: