PDA

View Full Version : PMT / PMS + PCOS am I alone?

breeze25
20-11-08, 18:29
Just need some reassurance that I am not going mad.

I suffer from Polysistic Overies and manage a period every 3/4 months, when it happens I seem to have the most terrible pmt/pms that lasts for weeks on end.

I am completely unreasonable, I do nothing but rant and rave at kids and hubby, I have been feeling like this for a few weeks now and have even finished my period and had hoped it would subside.

I have been to the doctors and they want to stick me on prozac which i really dont want to do, but know I can not carry on like this.

Everytime I get this it is so close to the feelings of losing control and I start to think the anxiety is going to rear its ugly head again and the spiral continues.

EmmaJane
20-11-08, 18:32
Hi I also suffer PSOS. I am the same as you, regarding ranting and raving etc.

I was on Prozac a while back, but am now off them. It did help to start with. My advice is to definately think about going on them, it may help you in the right direction.

george08
20-11-08, 19:25
i also suffer from pcos and i suffer the same as you. i was on prozac for about ayear and it did help maybe you should consider going on them. and believe me your not going mad. i once through a sandwich at my other half because he cut it in a triangle and not square! thats crazy.

breeze25
21-11-08, 08:09
Thanks for your replies.

I will consider going on them I really will. just feel like everytime I go to the doctors there want to throw pills at it, was hoping for a herbal alternative but will consider everything.

As for the sandwich I can totally relate. I didn't speak to husband for a few hours yesterday but I wrapped up some xmas gifts and he then decided to give one of the xmas ones to someone for there birthday, all we are talking about is 1 gift that I wrapped, reacted like it was the biggest deal in the world, (well at that point it was lol)