PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Panic.need advice

Cheeky220
20-11-08, 19:22
Hi

Has anyone experienced a sudden flush of panic just even sitting watching tv and it makes then feel like they want to jump out there own skin because they feel so weird? can anyone relate am i going mad?? will this pass? (i do suffer depersonalisation and feeling unreal so dont know if its related) need advice please.

*D*
20-11-08, 21:38
Hey Cheeky,

You poor thing, you are having a bad day today. Yes that has happend to me countless times, It used to wake me up from a sound sleep, and I was not anxious about anything. As you no when your body has been under alot of stress, you bulid up alot of adrenlin, and it has to be released. When I am under alot of stress my whole body will shake on the inside. You are just having a panic attack, probaly from the amout of stress you have been under.
It will go away. Are you on any meds at all?
I hope you feel better.

D

Cheeky220
20-11-08, 22:18
im on citalopram. 2 weeks in.

Asha1979
21-11-08, 00:32
Hi, these symptoms should all go away when the meds kick in, just give them a few more weeks x

*D*
21-11-08, 12:00
Hi Cheeky,

Has the DP started recently or have you had it for a while, the reason I ask is mine started about a week after I statred Lexapro.(antidepressent) these meds change your brain chemistry. Just wondering if there was a conection.

D

cassi23
21-11-08, 12:48
got sudden rush of panic in toys r us today while i was having a laugh, not anxious at all! Was convinced i could taste blood and then the panic thoughts that i couldnt breathe, just told myself to pack it in and diasppeared!
In time you will learn ways to ignore/get rid of these little mishaps, but honestly, don't worry, uncomfortable as they are they are not harmful.

xxx

Cheeky220
21-11-08, 13:17
i had it slightly before starting the meds after hearing a sudden shock about something then that caused the panic and anxiety to get worse and worse then i got put on the meds and its made the dp worse. the whole burning under skin and wanting to jump out is awful makes me feel i dont know myself or who i am and im scared of being me. very weird anyone relate

AntiLove_SuperStar
21-11-08, 19:27
Yes, completely. It is normal when suffering anxiety and dp. Having sudden weird urges to jump out windows, laughing hysterically, feeling like an alien surge of adrenaline is just going to elevate you skywards..yep. Unfortunately, its part of this whole anxiety/panic/dp thing.