PDA

View Full Version : Celexa and fatigue

LisaD
16-06-05, 15:33
Hi everyone,

I've been on 30 mg Celexa (citalopram) for about 2 months now, and building up to this dose for 2 months. My anxiety is almost gone (yay!!) and I feel a million times better, so I am currently in love with this medication. The only problem is that it makes me sooo very tired...lately I have had to take daily naps just to get through the day.

Because of this I am thinking about decreasing my dose to 20 mg...but wondering whether this would even make a difference. Anyone have any experience with this, and do others experience this crushing fatigue??? I've talked to my psychiatrist about it, and he says that I am doing quite well, but he wants me to stay at this dose until I find a job and get settled in (my remaining anxiety centers around job performance), but I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to get through a day the way I'm feeling now. Any ideas/suggestions?

Lisa

stevie boy
16-06-05, 16:33
hi lisa i 2 have a problem like yours im on zopiclone to help me sleep at night but it also wipes me out the next day sometimes i have to will myself up off the sofa to make myself a cup of tea it gets so bad sometimes that i have to have a nap in the day i hope u get it sorted soon love stevie boy xxxxx

stevie boy

smiles-2ya
16-06-05, 17:40
hi i ve just started citalopram and still have the anxiety very high, so reading your letters giving me a bit of hope that it will go away eventually. i have noticed since 3 weeks ago im getting very sleepy as well on them, i think you should go with the flow and maybe in time when your ready the tiredness may pass back to normal, but i dont know. but its a chance. smilesx

BrandyK
16-06-05, 17:57
Maybe once you get the full effect of the medication and it starts working and your body gets used to it the sleepiness will go away!

Brandy