PDA

View Full Version : labyrinthitis??

chocoholic
20-11-08, 21:47
hi all
i have been suffering from anxiety for 4 and a half months, due to stress and have had the usual problems that come with it, ie, all symptons, worried about terminal illnesses etc.
BUT...this last week I have had ear pain and have been told one ear is infected and one ear is blocked with hard wax. I am having it syringed next week.
After to talking to a friend who has been suffering from labyrinthitis I really am starting to wonder whether this has been my problem all along.
The symptons are dizziness, unreality, fatigue, anxiety, depression, all which I have suffered with.
Has anyone else has this? and could you shed any light on it for me?

Thanks
Choco x

nickieb
20-11-08, 22:04
No offence but labrynthitis is nasty & u would know if you had it. You would not be able to put your head back without the rm spinning and getting nauseated. Stand up straight- feel odd etc..

Its nasty hun xx

seeker
21-11-08, 23:26
Yes, i'd agree. When I had labyrinthiitis, I fell over just sitting up in bed! Having an ear infection (which is all labyrinthitits is, actually, just in the inner ear), and a blocked other ear, these would explain all the symptoms you describe. You'll feel so much better after having it syringed - it;s amazing! And if the ear infection continues, they should be able to give you antibiotics for it. unfortunately, many inner ear infections are caused by viruses, so you just have to wait for them to go away. You'll be fine, i'm sure. let us know how you feel after the syringing!

chocoholic
22-11-08, 20:17
hi
thanks for replies
since that thread the blocked ear also became infected and am now on anitbiotics, so they wont syringe it for a while as i am in a lot of pain.
I have suffered dizziness in various degrees since august so I just wondered if at some point i had labyrinthitis as there was a week that i couldnt get out of bed.
choco x

decca
22-11-08, 20:49
Hi Choco,
I think you might be right , have a look here -
http://www.labyrinthitis.org.uk/

Best wishes,
Decca