PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

sandman
20-11-08, 22:54
I have been on citalopram for 3 days with no adverse side affects. My stress and anxiety symptoms which i experienced at work are not quite as bad as they were and i am starting to sleep more at night. :yesyes: It is still early days but maybe this drug will help me on my road to recovery!

Asha1979
21-11-08, 00:31
Hi Sandman well you have the right attitude anyway, you seem very positive and thats half the battle. Just give them a couple of weeks to work their magic. x

sandman
21-11-08, 23:40
Thanks Asha1979 i will give it a go and see what happens.

mini_mog
22-11-08, 14:40
hi there, its definately helped me, a month and a bit on i feel like im well on the road to recovery, im making plans for the future and i feel like me again. its so fantastic just to go to work and come home and say ive had a really good day, instead of a stressful one:D

sandman
23-11-08, 08:58
Thanks mini_mog. A couple of days extra of taking these tablets and im feeling a bit rough but hopefully they will sort me out

Adz84
23-11-08, 10:54
Just keep at it sandman. The first few days were brilliant for me too but about a week in i felt more anxious but that went after a day or two. Just stay at it.
They have helped me immensly. I started off at 10mg then up to 20 peaked at 30mg and now i'm back down to 20mg and feeling a lot like my old self again. You will still have bad days from time to time. Just don't let them get you down and stay as positive as you are now. I wish you all the best and hope you're out of the nightmare soon! Adam :)

mini_mog
23-11-08, 12:49
i agree with the post above- i still have the odd moment of panic or anxiety and im attributing them to bring more normal now. everybody has anxious thoughts and panics and gets stressed so dont worry if you still have the odd bad day/hour:)

personally ive had a brilliant weekend this weekend, not really done anything and been happy to stay home, i would have been a nervous wreck after a weekend like that a few weeks ago! so that just shows how its helped me:)

sandman
23-11-08, 18:14
Thanks for your support. I will keep at it. Im also on propranalol and I find they usually take the edge of things.

Fred Speed
23-11-08, 22:42
Hi just to let you know Ive suffered with severe health anxiety for a number of years but have never felt as good as I do now that im on the citalopram. I would take it forever if it were up to me its fantastic!! My pshycologist says that is a helping hand to get you in the right mindset to deal with it yourself and I truly beleive this !! Keep up the good work!!

jm007
23-11-08, 22:48
I have been on citalopram for 3 days with no adverse side affects. My stress and anxiety symptoms which i experienced at work are not quite as bad as they were and i am starting to sleep more at night. :yesyes: It is still early days but maybe this drug will help me on my road to recovery!

Nice to hear that the medication is helping you,..... keeping taking it... be careful of interactions with herbal meds.. don't take anything without consulting your doc...

one more thing... one of the side effects that the docs usually forget to inform you is sexual side effects - loss of libido, erection or orgasm... Got to make sure whether it started after the medication was commenced though... But again don't worry... keep taking the meds..let the doc know as there are medications that they could prescribe ....

joe..

jm007
23-11-08, 22:51
Hi just to let you know Ive suffered with severe health anxiety for a number of years but have never felt as good as I do now that im on the citalopram. I would take it forever if it were up to me its fantastic!! My pshycologist says that is a helping hand to get you in the right mindset to deal with it yourself and I truly beleive this !! Keep up the good work!!

Good stuff..nice to hear that citalopram has helped you .... keep taking it for the time being.. and the most important thing is do things that you use to find it difficult now..That will improve your confidence...enjoy your life to the fullest...you've got your life back..not everyone does... use the opportunity to change everything in your life...

Diane O'Brien
23-11-08, 22:56
I found citalopram improved my sleeping also. I am only on 10mgs at the min. I still find myself depressed and anxious however I did notice a difference with 10mgs so I'm feeling optimistic about going to 20mgs. I,m hoping to notice a difference again. I know the first week can be a bit yucky though.

Tori Frances
14-04-09, 09:03
I have been on citalopram for three weeks now first week 10mg, second 20mg, third 30mg. Still no improvement. I had been on Clomipramine for 8 years and worked wonders but then went through a personal trauma and they just stopped working even though my dr upped the dose massively, so I switched. Dr has said may take up to 6 weeks to start working. In the meantime am on diazepam but that hardly makes any difference though am on 20mg per day. Every day involves endurance of running a marathon and am falling aprt bit by bit. Scared to have to start all over with another drug, side effects etc.

cwoz82
19-04-09, 20:53
I have gone from 30mg to 20/30 alternate days for the past 6 weeks due to the fact that it made my blood pressure plummet. I had almost completely eradicated my anxiety and the panic attacks had been months behind me, although the anxiety has started to rear its head again...a bit of a conundrum suffer low blood pressure or suffer the anxiety!!