PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd had a good day....

Rootytooty
21-11-08, 08:23
Yesterday, for the first time in weeks I felt quite normal.

On the advice of a friend I bought some Kalms, which seemed to help, and I aslo got some camomile tea.

Pain from piles abating (not quite gone, buta million times better),

didn't feel anxious at all. I felt on a real high!

I had no BM yesterday, but today back to square one with loose bm.

So now here I am again panicking about my bowels (had a barium enenma last week, as have had bowel problems), and thinking I must have Bowel Cancer. If I was calm yesterday, then it can't be anxiety/stress causing the bowel problems can it?

Another week to wait for the barium enema results, and I don't know how I am going to make it.
:weep:

jojo2316
21-11-08, 10:14
I think stress can trigger IBS, but once the bowel is irritable it stays that way for a time after the stress has ceased. And indeed, IBS can be nothing to do with anxiety. Try not to worry. Easier said, I know!

Rootytooty
21-11-08, 11:00
Thank you jojo,

It really helps to hear someone rationalise things, as rational thought has long since flown,

I did wonder if it was because I ate two eggs yesterday.

I have been thinking about when my changes in Bowel habit started, and wondered if it could have been to do with me starting to eat eggs everyday (average 3 a day). I was doing slimming world, and eggs are a "free" food.

Since problems flared up I cut them out, and actually became quite phobic about them (seeing eggs brought me out in cold sweat).

So yesterday, feeling on a high, I wanted to conquer fear and had two eggs for lunch.

Wish I hadn't now.

Sleepless999
21-11-08, 12:41
Hi Rootytooty - Sorry about your bowels! I've had a gastroscopy AND a barium "followthrough" meal - quite delightful !?, and they didn't find anything. Anxiety can be a terrible thing and affect all areas of the body - although eggs are a free food, I personally think that you are eating too many, but I'm not a doctor, so why not enquire? They have a lot of cholesterol in them although they also provide iron and protein, but I'm sure you know all this!