PDA

View Full Version : ACID/GERD

nickieb
21-11-08, 18:17
OK i went to docs again today as when i was at work by chest (where a necklace would lie in the center) felt like it was burning inside & really hot.
Immediately i thought i was having a heart attack started panicking & sweating and nearly passed out. It was so hard as i was trying to continue as normal.

I know lots of you suffer with this...so i need reassurance as the last week its been hell with this and a tight sternum. Is this heartburn- i have never had it before???

Whats causes i? what makes it worse?

I went to docs who have prescribed me omeprazole & just to reassure me an ECG monday.

Nic xx

bottleblond
21-11-08, 19:29
Nickie

I get this LOADS. It could be because you have been poorly recently especially if you have not been eating right.

There could be a zillion reasons for this.

1. Rich food.

2. fizzy drinks

3. medications (antibiotics)

4. heartburn

5. Wind

6. Lack of food

7. Too much food

I could go on forever on this on hun.

Try not to worry about it because it's probably something simple

Loads of love
Lisa
xxxx

:bighug1:

Jan63
21-11-08, 19:36
OK i went to docs again today as when i was at work by chest (where a necklace would lie in the center) felt like it was burning inside & really hot.
Immediately i thought i was having a heart attack started panicking & sweating and nearly passed out. It was so hard as i was trying to continue as normal.

I know lots of you suffer with this...so i need reassurance as the last week its been hell with this and a tight sternum. Is this heartburn- i have never had it before???

Whats causes i? what makes it worse?

I went to docs who have prescribed me omeprazole & just to reassure me an ECG monday.

Nic xx
Yes sounds like heartburn to me. :) I think with a heart attack you would get pain going down your left arm. I only had heartburn when I was pregnant about 8 years ago and then I suddenly got it again a few weeks ago. I also got a croaky voice which was because of the acid leaking into my throat apparently. My doctor put me on the omeprazole capsules and they are brilliant.:D Do you have to take one or two a day?

I think stress is a cause of heartburn and indigestion too because it happened to me when I was stressing about something.

nickieb
21-11-08, 19:53
I am on 10mg once a day..I hope they start working soon.
MY trouble is i eat one meal a day at tea time & if i have chance quickly catch a banana...thats it.

Jan63
21-11-08, 19:59
Oh mine are 20mg and I can take them twice a day if I want although I will only take one a day once they get working again.:)

I don't eat that much either although I have been forcing myself to have a bowl of ready brek in the mornings now.:D

bottleblond
21-11-08, 20:00
Nickie Hun.........you're a MUPPET!!! :roflmao:

Sweatheart, this will be why you are having heartburn and it's not a nice thing to suffer from. It can be burning hot, painfull, scarey and downright uncomfortable.

You will really have to re-think your diet mate.

Wallop for being a naughty nurse!!

Loads of love
Lisa
xxxx

nickieb
21-11-08, 20:19
Hahaha Lisa...mate work on my ward u don't get time to pee never mind eat.
Never had it before tho mate...i do think i am still having a silent MI. What are us HA suffers like eh? xx