PDA

View Full Version : Have been out but back home feel bad again

jocutts
21-11-08, 18:53
Hi all,

After 2yrs free of severe anxiety and all its horrible physical symptoms its back again, you would think i would have been able to go along with it after going through it before, but its just as horrendous.
I went out today with my husband (heavy head and jelly legs were there but did it anyway).
Anyway after getting home i feel worse, really anxious all over, I thought i would feel happy, can't remember how many times it took going out before syptoms started to subside.
Any commemts appreciated.
Jo.x

Patty
22-11-08, 12:23
Hi Jocutts,:)

Well done for going out yesterday. :yesyes: :yesyes:

When we face our fears it can be very draining. We put too much pressure on ourselves to feel 'better' asap which can add to our anxiety.

The 'acceptance' that it will take time will help to ease the pressure. Be easy on yourself.
Well done again & best wishes xx :bighug1:

jocutts
22-11-08, 16:35
Thanks Patty,
Have been in car on my own to next village and then come back and done the house top to bottom so fingers crossed.
will just take it slow though as you say.
jo.x:bighug1:

Patty
26-11-08, 15:29
Hi Jo,:)

That's great news. :yesyes:

I find that it can be difficult at times to feel the motivation to do things. I really have to 'push' myself to go places. There can be a 'dread' or 'fear' that is there for some reason - and then when I do the thing that I 'dreaded' I find that it isn't as bad as I had 'imagined' it was going to be. I suppose the more often I do these things the easier it will get. :)

Hope all is going well.

Best wishes xx :hugs:

EdwardP
27-11-08, 21:27
Jo,

You should be proud of yourself. You went out and you faced your fear. Don't feel bad. You went out even though it scared you. That is something great.

bab
27-11-08, 22:04
jocutts

you have done amazing - be very proud x

HeatherMc
28-11-08, 11:23
Hang on in there hun, you are doing ok, well done for going out.

Heather

Lou17
02-12-08, 06:04
Had recently had a relaps, and it shocked me as I thought by me overcoming it it would be perminant, sadly not. We just have to think to ourselves, I did it one I can do it again. Im sure the more times we do face it the easier it may become.