PDA

View Full Version : Bach Rescue remedy Experience

starsuite
16-06-05, 20:17
I've seen some people talk about this in the chat room, so when i was in Boots the other day i decided to buy some with my points :D

To be honest i didnt think it would do anything, but i was surprised to find that is really did relax me.
I can say that the effort for me was like one of my limbs feeling a little heavier, and just feeling more chilled out and i soon forgot what i was worrying about.
I took the dose on the bottle of 4 drops in water, 3 times in the day (i wasnt really sure if i could do that but ive been on the site and it says you can take it as much as you need it) http://www.rescueremedy.co.uk/2005/rr6.html

i have have just taken a double dose (i felt i needed that)[V] and i feel kinda heavy and tired now [:o)]
I cant believe i never found this stuff sooner. ive found it helped sooo much. and i highly recommend it.

BrandyK
16-06-05, 21:01
Hi, starsuite thanks for you post I am thinking of buying it too.

thanks brandy

Meg
16-06-05, 21:07
Starsuite

Also very helpful to put a few squirts in a bottle of water and sip liberally all day or to get you through an occasion

I also used aspen for unwanted thoughts ,rock rose for panic and cherry plum for when I thought I was going mad.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Quirky
16-06-05, 21:47
Glad this works for you. I must be odd because rescue remedy makes me feel worse. I think it's because it has alcohol in though and I'm intolerant to that. Great it helps so many people though.

starsuite
17-06-05, 16:56
Hi all
Meg I put some in a bottle of mineral water today, you're right its a great idea. I have wondered whether its posible to take too much, but according to the website you can't.
I also wondered about it being in alcohol, cos i never really thought about it much before, and i wondered if it was just an alcoholic effect, but i thought that even if it was pure alcohol, a few drops wounldnt effect you like that.
I wonder what others think about this?

Oh and meg do you mean you mix the flower remedies yourself? cos i was thinking about doing that too.;)

pips
17-06-05, 17:15
Hi,

I'm glad it helped you.:D

I find it really helps me at times to it's fab stuff! I have got quite a collection going now!

Did you know there are actually 38 different Bach Flower essences all to help with the different emotions you are feeling. Here is a link to the website for you http://www.bachflower.com/38_Essences.htm

Take care,;)

Love PIP'S X X

seh1980
17-06-05, 19:30
It's fab stuff, huh? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Quirky
17-06-05, 22:37
starsuite,
The alcohol in there won't affect you, I am only affected as I have ME and it makes me intolerant to any amount of alcohol. I could take rescue remedy before I got ME.

pips
18-06-05, 10:55
Hi Starsuite you can normally mix up to seven remedies at once.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
18-06-05, 16:53
No you can't take too much but sometimes more isn't better - its just more and thus a waste..

I never mixed them up properly . I used to squirt a Rescue dropper full into a bottle of water followed by a few drops whatever else I thought would help that day . Usually cherry plum, gorse, aspen and rockrose. Job done !

Even if it was 100% alcohol 4 drops is not an issue.

LJ - The Nelsons ones are made with mineral alcohol, the older brands usually from a health food shop are brandy based , don't know if that may help you at all.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Quirky
18-06-05, 17:00
Thanks meg. I've done a search and can't find any details on the Nelsons remedy. I guess mineral alcohol is still alcohol though and I can't have anything alcoholic, not even a drop. The only rescue remedy I've seen in the health shops have been brandy based. Maybe I'll look into this further.

bunsnpigs
04-07-05, 19:09
I thought it was the alcohol, too, that made me just totally chill out yesterday. I have some aspen, too.

Is anyone on antidepressants and also using these? Is it ok? I asked that in the medication board, too.. but didn't get a reply from anyone who is doing both.

Judi

Judi L.

Meg
04-07-05, 21:26
Yes you can take rescue remedy with Ad;s.

If you think that you only put 2-4 drops on your tongue the amount of alcohol is neglible.

Meg

tonyd45
04-07-05, 22:32
I have tryed Bachs Rescue Remedy,im a musician and a vocal coach friend of mine was recommending it to all her pupils for pre-performance jitters but i didnt realise the alcohol content and im a recovering alcoholic,the content may seem negligible but even a small amount could trigger a major craving in a vunerable person,so i have had to knock that on the head.

Tony d

nomorepanic
04-07-05, 22:38
Tony

If you dilute it in water you can hardly taste it. The spray is more concentrated.

We have 14 year olds on it so I don't think the alcohol is anything to worry about. Maybe it is your subconcious telling you that it has alcohol so you automatically worry. Just a thought.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tonyd45
05-07-05, 23:28
Hi Nicola
I appreciate you think it wouldnt really matter as you say you know of 14 yr olds on it but the physiological response in an alcoholic to alcohol is different from a normal person.
An alcoholic will metabolize it differently producing a substance in the brain called THIQ,this substance is never produced in the brain of a normal person and once in the brain it stays for ever and can create cravings as more is accumulated in the brain,it also explains the phenomenon of someone staying sober for many years who starts drinking again and very quickly becoming dependent again as the THIQ is ready and waiting to kick start it all off again.
THIQ is a fascinating substance,it was artificially created during the Second World War as a painkiller as its molecular structure is closely related to morphine but many times more addictive so they couldnt use it.
You were quite right to point out that my subconcious may have been telling me one thing as i do worry about health in particular,i dont get a headache it has to be a brain tumor lol but in this case and from everything they tell me at AA its better to be safe than sorry.

Tony d

april tones
23-03-06, 21:39
hi, i have this! its brilliant. i have had few remedy bottle made up which helped few fears. im buying my own soon to make myself x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Warrior
29-03-06, 12:34
Have you also heard of Australian Bush Flower remedies? they are similiar to bach Flower remedies & also very good;
thier website is:
http://www.ausflowers.com.au/

ou can buy the single remedies at larger health shops.
With Luv

Warrior
29-03-06, 12:35
Have you also heard of Australian Bush Flower remedies? they are similiar to bach Flower remedies & also very good;
thier website is:
http://www.ausflowers.com.au/

ou can buy the single remedies at larger health shops.
With Luv

yinunit
12-04-06, 18:30
Hi, I am Yinunit and I have been a Bach Flower Practitioner for many years (lets count - 16 years)

I just wanted to make a few important points which I am hoping will be helpful to people:

1. Tony B is absolutely correct - recovering alcoholics should not take the remedies as preserved in alcohol - no debate needed!

The Bach Flower Centre may have more advice on this.

2. There is no doubt that the remedies work but only if you select the correct remedy - the one you need. If you select one that you dont need no harm will be done - it just wont do anything.

3. The remedies do not work in the same way as conventional drugs ie CNS so one cannot build up a tolerance and there is absolutely no point in taking big doses. Frequency is the key - 4 plus times a day, hold on your tongue and think about what you want it to help.

4. The remedies work down through the layers and therefore one can feel worse initially. For example, if you felt depressed and decided to take Mustard you may say to me "my depression has lifted but I feel very anxious" and a few days later you may say "My anxiety has gone but I now feel very fearful" etc... If you had come to me in the first place and said that you felt depressed I would have asked you "Do you know Why?" You may have said "Because I have this anxiety deep down" and I may say "Do you know why?" and you may say "Because I have a fear" Better then to choose the remedy for fear in the first place!

It takes time to get to know the remedies and the best book in my opinion is Metchild Schaeffer's Bach Flower Therapy Theort & Practice

cathy s
25-04-06, 09:52
That rescue remedy website was very good. thanks for that!
Cathy:)

darkangel
25-04-06, 10:37
totally agree with tony b recovering alcoholics cannot take bach rescue remedy - any amount not matter how minute can set off a trigger.

........life is for living not just for surviving

caz
04-05-06, 11:47
hiya
im going too be trying some of these tdy can i use 3 at once aspen,rock rose and cherry plum
maybe add some of each too water or on food, i defo need the aspen and cherry plum

caz

panicdiva
05-05-06, 20:40
I am thinking of taking 2mg of valium when flying - can you still use the Bach Resucue Remedy at the same time?

Butterflyx45
04-07-08, 16:57
http://www.tibetanherbs.com/anxietysupport.html has anyone tried this pills? if so, do they help?

justbananas
09-03-09, 20:56
for those who can't tolerate alcohol - the pastilles are alcohol free. and delicious. i just ate a whole tin, oops.

Imani
10-03-09, 01:32
I agree it's great stuff if you are having moments of anxiety.

Imani.

Dizzy-Dave
12-03-09, 22:03
for those who can't tolerate alcohol - the pastilles are alcohol free. and delicious. i just ate a whole tin, oops.

lol I'm so glad you posted that because I almost went through the whole tin, the day i recieved it !

I was worried I might overdose on flower power but it's all good :)

I bought spray, pastilles and drops. Haven't had to use them for anxiety yet.

SUZY Q
13-03-09, 12:35
Hi, hope this doesnt sound silly but I have got the bach remedy in drops i just wondered if anyone knows if its ok to take it with beta blockers. I just get nervous about taking different things at the same time. But would like to give the drops a try. :)

gizmoxx
13-03-09, 14:34
Hi
just reading through the post, was wondering where to buy the bach remedy pastilles from. I am also on beta blockers and anti depressants, would this be ok?
I wont take anything with alcohol, caffiene or nicotine either:P

kittykat
13-03-09, 15:02
Just a question , i went on the bach site and the remedy's that would be ideal for me are mimmulus, star of bethlehem and aspen. Can I combine these as in 4 drops of each in water or would i have to take them all separate, just i'm a bit confused with it all.........nothing different there then :D xx

indie44
27-03-09, 02:00
I have started to use the Rescue Remedy again spray form... takes the edge of my anxiety for a bit. Have never tried anything else

nantonan
27-03-09, 17:20
I swear by it. I have been using it for about 3 years now and when I feel a nervous or panicky episode coming on I just drop 4 drops straight on to my tongue. I carry it in my bag all the time, my security blanket ! It`s easy to use wherever you are, driving is one of my panicky situations,especially if I have to go on a motorway, It does calm me down, does what it says on the bottle ..... calms and reassures !

tryingtocope
27-03-09, 21:24
It doesn't work for me at all! Must be something wrong with me :(

Marc EH
17-04-09, 17:00
I am thinking of trying the Rescue Remedy spray - do you think it will help with light headedness caused by anxiety?

BasilCat
17-04-09, 17:16
Well I have heard good reports about it and if it calms you down, then that would help your possible over breathing that makes you light headed, if you see what I mean. One thing is for sure, I dont think it can harm you so its worth a try. I have some in my hand bag at all times.

Shirley

Marc EH
17-04-09, 18:40
Thanks Shirley - will give it a try!!

PoppyC
17-04-09, 19:00
I found it didnt work for me even though I loved the taste! :wacko: I know it does help many people however who swear by it so hopefully it will help you too :yesyes:

Yvonne
18-04-09, 18:31
Well I could drink a bottle of the stuff and it wouldn't touch me. Threw my spray and the drops away ages ago. Less can be more with homeopathic/herbal remedies but less didn't work either. Oh it's me for sure. I do like the taste of brandy in it though.

BasilCat
18-04-09, 18:41
Hope it helps Marc. I know just how you feel with that lightheadedness. I have had that loads over the years - infact I have had anxiety - full stop - loads over the years!! Anything is worth a try though isnt it.

Shirley

PoppyC
18-04-09, 22:22
Hi Yvonne! :)
Is brandy in Rescue Remedy??? :ohmy: I thought it tasted nice!