PDA

View Full Version : IBS ???

annie2008
22-11-08, 10:35
Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Anxiety only really started couple of months ago although I have always been what I call a worrier. Im just wondering if I may have developed IBS or if it is Anxiety Bowels??

I had stomach bug weeks ago and cause I was going to the loo 3-4-5 times a day I convinced myself I had BC which of course my my bowels worse so was going to toilet 3-4 times a day for 3 weeks (soft loose stools) Anxiety really started there, (my Dad passed away from BC nearly 4 years ago)

Anyway went to Doctors, my doc is lovely he didnt think there was anything to worry about but said we will do an FOB test (faecal occult blood test) to stop me worrying. Well I had to wait a week for results and it sent me off the scales!! I had been to docs every week for 4 weeks so he could see how I was getting worse with worry. The test came back fine as he said he thought it would but by this time I think I had finally pushed worrying one step too far and just broke down crying. He gave me buscopan to relax my stomach muscles and Citalopram 10mg. He basically told me that when I worry it goes straight to my stomach so Its the old saying of Sh**ting yourself! I asked him if I had IBS or Anxiety Bowels he said yes to Anxiety bowels but is that kinda what IBS is?? Anyway when I got home It finally sunk in that the test came back fine and didnt so to the toilet for the rest of that day and didnt go at all the following day. I take the buscopan if I have stomach gurgling and tummy ache etc. but I havnt taken the Citalopram, Ive been ok ish with bowel movements since but then 2 days ago I started with aches & pains, mainly back & legs but neck shoulders and arms sometimes. I started to worry what was wrong and low and behold I went 4 times that morning!! Only went twice yesterday as I am trying to calm myself, I find coming on this site helps.

My symptoms are:

Aaches & pains (my god I ache so much at the moment)
Visits from the Squit Monster (soft loose bowel movements)
Horrid thoughts about whats wrong with me
Burping (my goodness I didnt think I could burp that loud)!!
Tired (all this worrying lark is like having another fulltime job)!!
Stomach gurgling
Worry about what my bowel movements are going to be like for that day.

Another question, even when I think Im ok can my body still be in anxiety mode? Its so hard to belive that you can have all these pysical symptoms.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read it.

Annie

agent orange
22-11-08, 10:51
Annie. This could be I.B.S, especially the soft stools and the amount that you are going and also burping. I have I.B.S and I have belching, nausea, indigestion, bowel movements, bloating etc. It is nothing to really worry about, it is just not pleasant. Take peppermint capsules from chemist (Colpermin or Mintec) or drink peppermint tea. it sounds like you are anxious and anxiety can do awful things, especially the aches etc.
take care tony.
p.s look up ibs in the symptom pages.

janeybaby25
22-11-08, 11:44
Hey Annie, I think what you have is a mixture of IBS & anxiety. I suffer from both too, not as bad as I used to be mind, but I understand how you feel. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have chick. Take Care. xxx

annie2008
22-11-08, 11:48
Thanks for your replies. It really does help. Although my doctor gave me Citalopram for my head as he says and buscopan for my tummy over 3 weeks ago. It was only last night that I finally told / admitted to myself that I have Anxiety. I have slightly shaky hands and the moment, my legs & back are aching terribly and have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, and now its growling got tummy ache aswell.

Even when I think I am ok Your body seems to tell you something different.

Thanks agent orange & pureobunny for your replies. My goodness pureobunny, 6 months of sh**ting yourself, its awful. & agent orange yes I was bloated really bad last week and dint go for three days. Sometime I swear there is a little alien in my tummy cause I can feel bowel moving!

Again thank you for your replies, and now Ive finally amitted that I have anxiety I will keep trying to tell myself thats why I have above symptoms

Annie

agent orange
22-11-08, 13:33
Lots of water and those peppermint tablets are brilliant;they settle the stomach and take out the bloating.