PDA

View Full Version : tracey smith

snodsmum
22-11-08, 20:17
:) hi i am so glad to have found this site!!! i had a panic attsck whilst on holiday in spain went to emergency doc and he dis ecg and sent me to hospital!!! tell you what panicked even more....:scared15: the doc was brill did another ecg ,bloods anc chest xray all normal!! diognosis sinus tachecardia, gave me diazapam... advised to get thyroid checked when back in uk ,normal!! my Gp thinks the panic attack started because of dropping hormone levels im a women of certain age!!!:weep: i also cant sleep wake up drenched in cold sweat..... i am sitting writing this with a racing heart i cant stop thinking about it keep taking pulse somtimes get the odd pain but ive read this is common in us panickers. get worried when heart skips a beat.. my doc assures me its normal most people have them but we are more aware..:doh: any advice.xxx

lorac
22-11-08, 20:36
Hi Tracey

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Nookster
22-11-08, 20:57
Hiya Tracy...I will offer you the advice I wish someone
had taken the time to offer me 17 years ago. Whatever
your feeling dont avoid it and take whatever help you
can get to deal with it early.

I always took the easy option to avoid the horrible
feelings and all you do by doing that is limit your
choices and your life. I often feel that the panic and
anxiety many of us have and are still suffering from
is like one of them illnesses that you hear them say,
"the reason they recovered is we caught it early".

I think many of us here would have had an easier
time if we had known back in the early days what
we feel we know now. So fill yourself with positive
thoughts and whatever type of horse you feel you
have fallen from get back on and keep trying.

Hope that helps :D

Mike

snodsmum
22-11-08, 21:37
THANK YOU SOO MUCH,,,,:bighug1:

MollyBunn
22-11-08, 21:56
Hi Tracey...You have my total sympathy, don't know how old you are but I am having similar problems..and my hormones are all over the place as I am peri-menopausal. I get all sorts of problems started with breathing problems through over breathing due to anxiety...now i get palpitations, shoulder pains, nausea, gastric problems...all due to depression , panic attacks and anxiety..and I am sure it's to do with my hormones. I use a method where I try to imagine something that comforts me...I always think of waves lapping on the beach..and i find it works fairly well in calming me down.

I really empathise...it's so horrible....and you aren't alone.

snodsmum
22-11-08, 22:07
Hi Mollybunn I Am 47 And My Doc Has Said Perimenopausal So Scared Of Going To Bed At Night Because I Know I Will Wake Up 2.30ish And Be Wide Awake Heart Beating Like Ive Run A Marathon I Wish..... My Doc Has Offered Me Accupunture To Help With The Night Sweats Will Try Any Thing As I Am A Complementrey Therapist..... So Scared Of The Racing Heart Even Though Ecgs Normal Is Soo Good To Talk To Someone Who Understands..... You Are So Not Alone.....

pooh
23-11-08, 09:50
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

smurfette
23-11-08, 12:47
:welcome: to NMP

Mandyxx

weeble40
23-11-08, 16:14
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx