PDA

View Full Version : Excess stomach acid

Helen1973
22-11-08, 20:46
This is a question to fellow stomach acid sufferers. What symptoms do you get?

I'm used to the prickling burning and the bloating, but in the last few days I've also noticed the occassional aching twinge. Does anyone else get this?? It always seems to be after I've taken a lansoprozole and I can't find my leaflet...could it be from that??? I just don't know.

Sorry for the short post, but I'm trying to not to bury people in details...or start googling.:wacko: Any replies much, much appreciated.

Jan63
22-11-08, 21:10
Yes I think maybe it could be the acid that is causing these twinges. I know I have had a lot of funny twinges since having acid problems. I am on omeprazole which I think are the same sort of tablets.:)

nickieb
22-11-08, 22:58
Twinges where??
I am on day 2 of omeprazole for GERD & excess tummy acid that i am havin in my chest. I get the twinges in chest & sternum, is this what u mean?

Helen1973
22-11-08, 23:03
Twinges where??
I am on day 2 of omeprazole for GERD & excess tummy acid that i am havin in my chest. I get the twinges in chest & sternum, is this what u mean?

Hi nickieb! Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear. It was in the upper abdomen and where I usually get my other symptoms such the the prickles etc. I've been to the docs about this a few times in the past and am prone to excess acid. It's just the aching twinge I got a few hours ago that made me wonder, I got it a few days ago too after taking my tablets, and then nothing for a few days when I stopped taking them to see if the acid had sorted itself out (obviously not yet since I started feeling discomfort and bloating tonight,lol).

Thank you also to Jan63 for the reply.

:hugs:

nickieb
22-11-08, 23:34
Sounds like acid/GERD hun. I get the chest burning & twinges & sternum tightness and gurgling burning abdo...it all sucks but all part & parcel xx

Helen1973
22-11-08, 23:41
Sounds like acid/GERD hun. I get the chest burning & twinges & sternum tightness and gurgling burning abdo...it all sucks but all part & parcel xx

Thanks, hun. I hate new symptoms that I'm not familiar with...makes me think stupid thoughts. :blush: Not to mention I seem capable of producing symptoms at the drop of a hat---the reason why I don't google any more (or try really hard not to).:hugs:

jkse
23-11-08, 04:04
is it the stomach acid which also decreases the appetite, because my appetite has really decreased and it causing me to loose a lot of weight.

jannnne
23-11-08, 18:39
Ooh I get twinges too, thought it ment meds not working feel relieved if other people get them too. I take omerparozole.

Jan63
23-11-08, 20:55
I had all pains in my upper back and in my chest which I couldn't believe was from acid because I can't particularly taste the acid or anything but after a week or so I felt so much better after taking the omeprazole tablets.:)

I've had quite a good day today and haven't felt in pain anywhere, I hope it lasts and I don't start thinking of some other cancer I could have.:unsure:

jkse
24-11-08, 00:12
does anyonelse's excess acid also given them a werid acidic taste in the mouth like almost all the time, which gets worse after eating.

jannnne
24-11-08, 16:47
Hello

Yes I get an acid taste and an awful cough, been treated for H Pylori thought I was better, how wrong could I be, got to have endosocpy end dec.

Jan63
24-11-08, 17:36
How long have you had the cough because I think there are a lot of nasty bugs going round at the moment with coughs that seem to linger on so it might not be related to your problem.:hugs: Did you have antibotics for the Helebactor pylori?

Vanilla Sky
24-11-08, 18:46
Hi im paige, i was interested in the lansaprazol i was on them for a year before i realised that i was still getting the same symptoms so i came of them just to see and i feel better, Im not saying for you to do the same ! Anxiety causes your stomach to be upset. Another reason i came of them was the metalic taste i got all the time.

nickieb
24-11-08, 23:54
I get like weird 2 second spasm/pain in my sternum which goes through my back....i am left with an ache in between my shoulder blades. I stand up & burp & then bring bile up but it relives it?????

rainwave
25-11-08, 01:43
May want to check if you have gluten intolerance-which has classic symptoms of stomach acid,diarrhea,stomach pain,anxiety disorders and depression---

jkse
25-11-08, 03:22
what are some foods which rich in gluten? I am wondering if thats where all my sympotms are comming from t hanks for the sugessestion.

EebyJeeby
25-11-08, 12:09
what are some foods which rich in gluten? I am wondering if thats where all my sympotms are comming from t hanks for the sugessestion.

All foods containing wheat, rye, barley and malt and also oats as they tend to be contaminated with other grains in the production process. So that's bread, biscuits, cakes, cereals etc and it is also hidden in lots of processed foods, such as gravy granules and sauces.

Ask your doc for the blood test if you think it might be gluten that's causing your problems. You'll need to carry on eating gluten in order for it to show up on the test though, so don't just cut it out straight away!

bytheby
07-01-09, 21:57
Hi people

Was diagonosed as having gerd in Aug 08 taken nexium and lansoprazole but stopped as having toilet issues!! It comes and go's but alsohaving burning in my back especially the right hand side. Have already got my gallbladder out ten years ago so now im thinking wot on earth!!! pancreas, liver cancer no weight loss though and feels worse in the morning having lay all night anyone else have burning back issues with reflux please help :scared15:

jannnne
08-01-09, 09:20
Yes, I get all of the above symptoms, burning, twinges, aches, but the acidic taste and cough are driving me mad URGHHH, I am taking 2 x 20mg omerparozle per day and I have been like this for nearly 6 months. I am so worried its something else but if it is by the time they find it I will be dead....

Pudding
08-01-09, 14:19
Hi people

Was diagonosed as having gerd in Aug 08 taken nexium and lansoprazole but stopped as having toilet issues!! It comes and go's but alsohaving burning in my back especially the right hand side. Have already got my gallbladder out ten years ago so now im thinking wot on earth!!! pancreas, liver cancer no weight loss though and feels worse in the morning having lay all night anyone else have burning back issues with reflux please help :scared15:

What toilet issues did you have. I have tummy problems too and was on omeprazole to protect my tummy against the drugs I had after my heart attack but I started to get toilet problems and stopped most of them, not sure which ones were causing it but it seemed to settle down. Now i've been put back on some of the tablets and the toilet problem is back. I always seem to want to go late at night (midnight or so) which is a real nuisance, especially as I have to get up at 6am for work. Doc said it's my ibs but i'm not convinced.
:lac:
Fran

jannnne
08-01-09, 20:00
The cough is caused by the acid going down on to my lungs. Yes I had two weeks worth of antibiotics for H pylori.

lisa24
15-01-09, 00:28
Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

embalmer1
22-09-09, 23:11
hi i am on one lansoprazole a day. my symtoms are pain just under my sternum only after i have eaten or if i happen to be hungry, which isnt that often as i have lost my appetite. well saying that i only get hungry once i do start to eat. i dont want food all day then i sit down with my family for dinner and i eat it, then within half hour iam hungry again!! so i dont loose weight but due to the times iam eating i have put on a little. I also feel the pain when i walk for more than about 500 yards. I also get really tired about 6pm but by 8 iam wide awake and find it to sleep later. i just had a liver function test (not for this) and it showed elevated enzymes and am wondering if my stomach problems could have caused that??

LisaLisa
24-09-09, 13:44
Hi

Dont know if this is anything to do with it but i take ozmeprazole and find that about ten minutes after taking them i get this weird popping sensation in my stomach - highish up. I though it was the capsule bursting? Is that silly? It feels like that. I wonder if thats what the twinges are?

Lisa
xxxx

Pam.J
06-10-09, 10:57
I too have been having all the symptoms listed by others, tiredness, achey, sore throat, cough, metallic taste, constant acid and nausea, i have recently come off lanzoprosol and having a test on thurs for H.Pylori am really hoping it is this as they should be able to cure it if it isnt i don't know what i shall do i am just fed up with feeling ill. will keep you posted on test results :shrug: