PDA

View Full Version : fibromyalgia people suffer panic problems too!

nickywilliams
22-11-08, 20:54
Hi, my name is nicky, and i have had fibromyalgia (FM) for 10 years now.:blush:
I get panic attacks when my FM goes into a bad flair up and I cannot control my pain levels. No matter how much medication you take, it does not get ontop of the pain, which is frightening. The higher the pain level, the more panic I become.
It is so hard when your own GP doctor tells you there is nothing else they can do, and the pain clinic tells you there is nothing they can do either because I am on so much medication. What do you do when you are in agony with physical pain and no one can help you! I get paniced by it. I am on my own, and my pain is getting out of control:weep:

I am not in acute pain all the time, I am in manageable pain:wacko:

Its only when I am in a flair up, I have the most problems:weep:

I would love to talk to others who are also struggling, not just when I am very ill with the FM but be supportive to thoughs when I am well too:flowers:

I am hoping if I can manage my anxiety levels, this will enable me to get better control of the FM, and live a better life. I am sure this is possible:yahoo:
I would love to make some great friends, as having FM and suffering with axiety is very loanly and isolating too, which adds to the difficulty.:flowers:
I would like to promote happyness, positiveness, and a way forward in life not just to help my, others, but the communities we live in too!
I am a very happy positive person, who does my best to help others and support my local community and charitable organisations.

:welcome: I would really love to hear from other forward thinking people too, who are committed in helping to help themselves and others to self manage their conditions, by sharing thoughts and ideas to acheive this.
I want to make this a better world for every one to share no matter what difficulties they have. Community spirit, helping one another would be an excellent start to achieve this!:yesyes: :yesyes:

With many thanks
nicky williams x

pooh
23-11-08, 09:48
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

smurfette
23-11-08, 12:48
:welcome: to NMP

Mandy xx

ronski
23-11-08, 14:52
Hi Nicky

I am sorry to hear that you are suffering so much with Fibromyalgia. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which is a illness grouped under the same umbrella as yours within the dysautonomia group. Both conditions can give anxiety and panic disorder as symptoms and can be helped from information gleemed from this site. Basically both conditions are disorders of the Central Nervous System and as you have found out there is not a great deal that can be done by the medical fraternity.

Follow Dr Claire Weekes advice, her MP3 files can be downloaded free from this site. Go to the shop and follow the links. Acceptance is her main advice for getting a hold over anxiety and then just letting time pass.

E-mail if you want a chat as I have more relevant information regards fibromyalgia from my experience with ME/CFS. Probably not relevant for this site so I wont go into that here. One website that may help is foggy friends which I believe may have a subsection on fibromyalgia. Tap in fibromyalgia in search and you will get a load of threads.

I hope this is helpfull and I wish you all the best
Ron

weeble40
23-11-08, 16:13
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

daisy76
05-01-09, 21:06
Hi Nicky

I have fibro and am currently goingthru a major flare up, i am on lots of meds and have tried various things to help, some have worked, some made me worse. Please feel free to pm me anytime.

I suffer with : ( u ready fo the list lol)
Fibro
tmjd
costachondritis
HA
IBS
Joint hypermobility

I am really struggling at the mo, so please bear with me if it takes some time to reply.

Fibro hugs hun

Karen xxx