PDA

View Full Version : Out of Body Experience

uryjm
06-12-03, 09:07
I've submitted a few posts on anxiety and flying recently, largely because I've had a few intense episodes on 'planes. I think they seem worse because there's not much you can do on a 'plane except get through it. One of the worst is when you become depersonalised and feel as if you're heading for an "out of body" experience. It struck me this morning that most accounts of "out of body" experiences occur when people are stationary somewhere. You know, the "I could see myself lying on the bed", type of story. Maybe I fret about this on 'planes, because if I do have this experience on board, when I actually decide to return to my body it will be ten miles further away! How daft is that?

Jim

sarah
06-12-03, 14:09
Hiya Jim

Not daft, just an over active imagination. Im afraid it comes with the territory if you are a panicker.
I always have these 'unreal' feelings when im laying in bed and the worse thing i think is that im gonna faint but at least im in a soft bed eh?
Try thinking of it this way - If you threw a ball up in the air while you were in a plane, it wouldnt come down 5 rows back (unless you threw it over your shoulder...lol), so maybe if you really did have an out of body experience, it wouldnt be left behind 10 miles either?

Does anyone else have a theory on this because my mind is now trying to convince itself that what ive just said isnt rubbish...lol

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
06-12-03, 17:10
Hi Jim

I am into spiritualist healing and all that sort of stuff and years ago I used to get "out of body experiences" whilst I was asleep in bed.

What would happen was an overwhelming power that was pulling me upwards and I used to hang on to my body with one hand. I was terrified of letting go cos I was told not to let go unless my Guardian Angel was with me. I kept asking how I would know and people just said "oh you will know". Well I never felt safe so there I was hanging on for dear life and not daring to let go.

I was told that if you went off you had to go back into your body the same way you left or you have died - scary stuff eh. This is why I was told my Guardian would guide me back safely.

I was terrified at the time and it used to annoy me cos I couldn't sleep without floating off. When I spoke to the people at the spiritualist church they were all so jealous cos they had never been able to do it and I could, but I was telling them that I didn't want to do it!!

So I am not sure about the truth behind any of this but I stopped floating off about 7 years ago and have not been able to do it since so I will never know if my Guardian was ever going to be there.

I hope this hasn't scared you - I just thought I would explain what happened to me!

Nicola

sadie
06-12-03, 20:42
Hi all

I have read a few messages lately regarding spiritualism etc and have felt quite apprehensive about getting involved in any discussions as I know many dont believe in such things.

Up until a few months ago I too was not a believer in 'spirit guides' and 'guardian angels' etc until I started to see things in my house particular at night when I feel my anxiety is at its worst. I recently had a spiritualist in my house who explained to me what has been happening to me as I have been feeling like I was seeing things etc.

He explained that we infact leave our body whilst we are sleeping and visit other people or other places but always return to our bodies before wakening. If we do not return then that is how we die in our sleep. I do not have any experiences of being aware of not being in my body but I have been woken up with someone taking my hand and touching my spirit eye (in between your nose and eye). The spiritualist has told me I have 3 people looking after me because of how i have been feeling lately and that they are here to help me. To be honest I felt quite scared about this to begin with but they no I am scared and they know I can see them. I have felt quite anxious lately and in fact I was really quite bad earlier today. I couln't stop crying for some reason and I just felt so down. The spiritualist told me to ask for help or healing when I need it and up until now I have never done this but I did today. I cant explain how I this felt..but suddenly I felt so relaxed and calm and got myself up and ready and went out for lunch with my husband. I just felt so much better.

I hope people do not think this weird and I know there are lots of people that do not believe in this ytpe of thing. I didnt ask for this to happen to me but somehow it has and I really dont know why, apart from the fact that they just want to help me. We all have a guardian angel from birth but somehow I am more aware of mine being with me each day.

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

sadie

nomorepanic
06-12-03, 21:22
Hi Sadie

I don't think it is weird I think it is lovely that you have these Guardians.

When I recently drove to Leeds on a course, I was really worried so my mum said that she would look after me till the midlands and then my Nan (her mum - who is now dead) would take over from there and look after me.

Well it worked! I am a great believer in the dead looking after us and I used to love going to the church and getting messages etc.

It may freak some out but it helps me so who cares what anyone else thinks!

Nicola

sadie
06-12-03, 21:27
Hi Nicola

Thanks for replying back. I was worried people would think I was a devil worshiper or something.. I have now begun to accept that there here and I am not seeing or imaging things. It does make you think though..who are they,are they watching when im in the loo etc etc they obviously dont go to sleep so what do they do all day..never mind..I actually like having them here now!!

sadie

nomorepanic
06-12-03, 21:43
Sadie

I had to laugh at that cos I thought the same - they will see everything I do - all the bad things too, like drinking pints (my mum would kill me - lol)

Perhaps they don't judge so much though and let us get on with it.

I find it comforting to think that someone is looking after me.

My partner thinks I am mad and most definitely does not believe in it but does not knock my beliefs

Nicola

sadie
06-12-03, 21:47
Nicola,

When I told my husband about it..he said..I always new you were a witch...well he had better watch or I will set a spell on him..maybe something like..buy me expensive diamonds every day!!!

sadie

benoo5
06-12-03, 23:30
well,i kept out of this topic,cos as nic knows,ime a great follower of the writings of bette shine,a spiritualist healer.

about 15yrs ago,when i was in the army medical corps,every sunday morning,there was a programme,about yoga,and meditation,and i would watch it,as i lay on my bed,and i would follow all the instructions.

well,this particular sunday,i was doing the exercises,and relaxing...and then completely out of the blue,there i was up in the air,looking down on myself laying on the bed..i freaked, i sxxt myself,i snapped out of it,and came straight down...a while later,i discovered that i had just reached the ultimate in meditation,and should have relaxed,and stayed there..not likely..too scary..have never tried it since..by the way,anyone interested in bette shine,email me,and i will talk forever,about this wonderful lady..best wishes..bryan.

sadie
06-12-03, 23:40
Bryan,

dont think I would like that too much either..floating above yourself!!!!..does make you think though about spirits etc..for all those who are scared of death etc like myself..its kind of comforting to think that there is life after death when it eventually happens!!

Anyway, who is this wonderful lady 'Bette Shine' you speak so highly of?

sadie

benoo5
07-12-03, 00:11
hi sadie,

bette died on my birthday,mar 26th,last year,but her daughter carries on her good work.

a few years ago,i was doing wot i enjoy most,looking around second hand book shops..i picked up this book,called mind magic,by bette shine..her picture was on the front cover,and i dont know why,but i felt a warm glow,just looking at her pic,made me feel happy,and content.

opened it up,and read just a few lines,and i was hooked,i couldnt put it down,i bought the book,and ive read it many times since.

she has a clinic in brighton,among her clients are famous film,and tv stars...but she never charged the poor,she would give one day a week for free consultations,and did a lot of distant healing.

if you just put..bette shine..in your search browser,you will find her website..and you will see a pic of her..and i hope you find the same warmth,that i felt..the book i bought is called..mind magic.

best wishes..bryan.

sadie
07-12-03, 11:03
Thanks Bryan

Did as you said and went to Betty Shines website..and I know what you mean...you cant help but smile when you look at her. On her website you can preview some chapters from her books, which were really interesting and I definetly think I will purchase a few..

Cheers for that.

sadie

benoo5
07-12-03, 14:30
good for you sadie,

i was lucky enough to meet her,just for a couple of mins,a few years ago,and it was awesome.

in the book ive got,she gives lots of visualisation exercises,and these really do work.

have a nice day...bryan.

sarah
07-12-03, 17:30
Hiya Bry/Sadie

couldnt find the website, do you know what the address is?

Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
07-12-03, 18:24
You have been busy posting on here today haven't you all.

I saw a pic of Betty but like Sarah couldn't find a site where you could read bits of her book - can you tell us where Bryan/Sadie?

Sadie - does the spell work on him then and have you got loads of diamonds? ;)

Nicola

sadie
07-12-03, 18:34
Nicola,

no the spell didint work but as the saying goes..'if at first you dont suceed,try and try again'..

As for the Betty Shine website, I went into www.zitaglio.com/betyyshine. It was really interesting, you should definetly give it a go.

sadie

nomorepanic
07-12-03, 19:12
Sadie

Can you check that URL as it is not complete.

Sorry to hear about not getting the diamonds - lol

Nicola

sadie
07-12-03, 19:14
Sorry Nicola

Didnt know what you ment at first..but got there in the end.

www.zitaglio.com/bettyshine

sadie

nomorepanic
07-12-03, 19:24
Oh sorry - computer speak - lol

Ahh right I have got there now - I was thinking that it needed ".co.uk" or ".com" on the end so I tried them to no avail.

I am on there now

Cheers

Nicola

Laurie28
12-12-03, 11:17
Just read these posts and whilst i am not a great believer i thought i would write about something that happened to me

When I was 17 I fell pregnant. No boyfriend (we had split up)
When i was sitting in my house the night b4 i was due to get my results a feeling washed over me (very hard to explain) and i felt like someone was standing behind me. i whipped round and there was no-one there but a feeling of calmness washed over me. Like someone was saying it'll be ok (although no-one spoke or I may have had a heartattack) it was only a feeling but a nice one.

Anyway i was pregnant but everything has worked out ok!!!

As i said it may not be spiritual at all but it was nice all the same!!!

Love
Lucky

Lottie32
12-12-03, 11:25
Lucky

How did you fall pregnant if you didn't have a boyfriend?

Sorry that was a pathetic attempt at humour!

I didn't say anything at the time but the last time I went to the dentist I really felt my gran was with me, and I felt all calm, and nearly fell asleep in the chair. (Until the scaffolding came out that is!).

One of the last things she said before she died was that she would make sure she was better to come to the dentist with me as a return favour for all the holidays I had taken off to get her to hospital appointments.

I don't know if she really was there or not. I don't know if I believe or not. But it made me feel better, so who cares!

Charlie

Laurie28
12-12-03, 19:16
okay okay Charlie my wording was all wrong - lol

Love
lucky