PDA

View Full Version : Hello

dennytia
22-11-08, 23:23
Hello I am Denise and I wonder if anyone can help me?

2 years ago I caught the superbug clostridium difficile (CDIFF) from a hospital I attended for a spine scan. It is the most disgusting infection I have had in my life, it took me 3 months and 5 lots of tablets to finally kill it . I thought I was going to die. The bug has left me paranoid and full of anxiety and has also left me with no appetite. To top it off I recently found out that I am anemic and not making any red blood cells so I have to have a endescopy to check if I am bleeding in my gut. I go on the 10th of December and I am absolutely petrified. I want to have the sedation but I will be so stressed and absolutely panicking before I attend will they still sedate me? I have heared people say that you dont know the camera is going down your throat if you are sedated. Is this true, can anyone put me out of my misery tell me what there experience was like. KInd regards, unhappy and worried.

MollyBunn
23-11-08, 07:36
I have never had this done but my sister did last year. She CHOSE not to be sedated but she was absolutely offered sedation ..in fact the doctor was amazed she wanted to not bother with sedation, he said everyone usually has sedation and a lady I talked to told me she had a full anaesthetic because she was scared.
The way to stop worrying is to ring the endoscopy department and speak to someone, tell them your fears and get reassurance. They won't mind at all. Lots of people are scared of this...I don't know how my sister did it but she's a nurse and she used to work in that department, that's how I know they do offer sedation and that when sedated patients are not scared and know very little about the experiance.

I would need sedation.

pooh
23-11-08, 09:51
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

lorac
23-11-08, 12:37
Hi Denise

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

smurfette
23-11-08, 12:44
Hi Denise

:welcome: to NMP.

Mandy xx

weeble40
23-11-08, 16:16
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx