PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE.... Bleading between periods...2nd time

Vickid
23-11-08, 01:40
I have been suffering from anxiety like symptoms for 5 weeks and in that time I have bled between my first period, which was light and lasted a day.

I came on my usual period about 2 weeks ago and that was fine, until tonight when I went for a wee and blood came down. I have panicked and been upset all night, I even went to A&E to get checked. They couldn't do much other than urine, which showed a little blood, not much but a little.

I am so scared of things like cervical cancer, despite being a lesbian and never had a sexual rship with a man, but I'm seriously worried now.

The blood was red and it had jelly like bits in it (which on a normal period would be normal) but I worried and wondered if STRESS could cause this and whether anyone else has experienced this?

Please reply x

gtrgrl3369
23-11-08, 01:54
There are a few things that can cause you to bleed between your periods. Have you started any new meds? Stress can cause your body to do many wierd things to it. I had kidney stones that caused bleeding in my urine. If it is light and spotty, I wouldnt worry too much. If it becomes heavier and painful, Iwould go back to the doctor. You could have irriated yourelf somehow. Just please dont google. It will be ok. Take care and relax.

Vickid
23-11-08, 02:01
Hi.
I know, googling is the worst thing to do. I feel utterly sick with this, seriously. When I went for a wee and the blood came down, with discharge, I thought "s**t... not again". It happened a few weeks ago too.

Never had issues with my period before.

I feel achy all over, especially my right side.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

london
23-11-08, 03:57
i do wish you better and i do hope your ok

gtrgrl3369
23-11-08, 12:20
There is a difference in having blood in urine and blood from th other place. If you are having cramping and pain with th bleeding it could be from ovulation. If the blood i in your urine you could have an infection such as kidney stones. They are also quite painful. It all depend on where the blood is coming from.

breeze25
23-11-08, 12:46
Hi, I used to get this quite a lot bleeding in between periods, i went to local well women clinic and had some tests done, including a smear which turned out I had abnormal cells, had them zapped away and was fine.

Have you had a regular smear test. ? If not book an appointment with your nurse.

I don't know if your local hospital has a well women or similar place you can go to, to be reassured.

Trixie
23-11-08, 13:04
I have been suffering from anxiety like symptoms for 5 weeks and in that time I have bled between my first period, which was light and lasted a day.

I came on my usual period about 2 weeks ago and that was fine, until tonight when I went for a wee and blood came down. I have panicked and been upset all night, I even went to A&E to get checked. They couldn't do much other than urine, which showed a little blood, not much but a little.

I am so scared of things like cervical cancer, despite being a lesbian and never had a sexual rship with a man, but I'm seriously worried now.

The blood was red and it had jelly like bits in it (which on a normal period would be normal) but I worried and wondered if STRESS could cause this and whether anyone else has experienced this?

Please reply x

Some women experience bleeding about 10-14 days after their period. This is usually caused by a temporary drop in levels of the hormone oestrogen at the time of ovulation (when an egg is released by an ovary). This is quite normal.

lennons_mammy
23-11-08, 14:09
I bled between my periods when I came off the mini pill. The doctor gave me some tablets called norethisterone which helped to regulate my periods again. By the sounds of it though the blood could be in your urine which means you might have a urine infection. That happened to my mother in law and the doctor gave her some anti-biotics and told her to drink plenty of water but I'm not a doctor so don't take my word for it get yourself down the doctors and get checked out.