PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Martin
17-06-05, 14:43
Came across this site, figured there was nothing to lose by signing up. I'm a 30 year old (young?) guy, who lives in Denmark (the country, Europe.) The last year has been very turbulent for me on an internal level, whilst trying to "keep up appearances" toward my friends/coworkers. In the past couple of years I started a path to better personal health, but last year I couldn't keep it up any longer and gained a lot of weight, etc., and ended up in hospital for monitoring with a pounding heart and high blood pressure.

I hadn't slept properly for a long time prior to that because of my weight gain and stress. That was pretty frightning, cooped up in a heart facility between old and dying people, not knowing if I was heading the same way. I had seen my doctor a bit before that, because I was often tired, dizzy and had a mysterious lump in my throat, for which he offered no explanation, other than high blood pressure. So I started down the road of imagining all sorts of things wrong me me, especially my heart, despite the thorough examination of me had produced no evidence that my heart was giving out or anything like that. And my heart started racing and pounding whenever I just stood up or got startled, which just fed this idea in my head. So I went to my doctor again, and he said I had anxiety, which I for the first long while didn't really believe. He also put me on betablockers, which were almost as scary as all the other stuff I was feeling, especially when a few months back, I started having trouble breathing with a very low pulse.

I'm now kicking the betablockers, I've lost 20kg (and the same or more to go) and started to live a thoroughly healthy life, but it has been hard, and throughout it all I have not felt one bit better, which now leads me to believe that maybe my doctor (whom I stopped seeing just a few weeks ago for a fresh perspective) is right in thinking I'm a very anxious person, despite having never really felt like one.

So here I am, reading what everyone else is going through, and thinking that sounds an awful lot like what I'm feeling.

Hope that wasn't too big a mouthful ;)

-Martin

------------------------------
Im not insane.. really

leo05
17-06-05, 14:52
hiya and welcome to the forum everyone is well friendly in here and you can talk about anything

so if you need to chat feel free to pm me anytine you need to

leanne (leo05)

escapology
17-06-05, 15:00
Hey Martin,

Sorry to hear of your un-sympathetic GP.
Glad to hear though you're working hard to getting yourself back on track, health and otherwise.

Im a newbie here too, but everyone is friendly.... come chat to us soon!

Esca xx

Martin
17-06-05, 15:14
Hi, thanks :) Yes, you all seem a friendly bunch, I'll try to hang around here whenever time permits.. and I'm always available on messenger or email.

-Martin

------------------------------
Im not insane.. really

chucklehound
17-06-05, 15:14
Hi Martin and welcome to the forum.

I hope you find all the support you need in here...:D

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

leo05
17-06-05, 15:18
hi martin

you can email me if you need to on mins042004@hotmail.com or my log in name on here is leo05

tell me more about yourself what do you like doing etc

leanne

seh1980
17-06-05, 15:51
Welcome aboard Martin!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

pips
17-06-05, 16:10
Hi Martin,

A big warm welcome to you. Congratulations on your weight loss that's ACE! I hope this site can help you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

jill
17-06-05, 20:26
Hi Martin

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Karen
17-06-05, 22:35
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
18-06-05, 09:30
hi martin,
welcome!
henri x

florence
18-06-05, 12:25
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum...hope you 'll find great support here. :)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

tracyp584
18-06-05, 12:44
Hey Martin,

Welcome to the site!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
18-06-05, 14:56
Hi Martin,

I hope you've managed to have a good hint around the home pages.

These may be of particular help.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
18-06-05, 19:32
Martin

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the forum and hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"