PDA

View Full Version : I'm new too.

Grayw
23-11-08, 23:18
:D I joined last night,i'm also new to panic attacks ,had my first major on in December 2007,i was ok for 12 months and since October i have had various ones.Like most people these attacks were brought on by periods of stress,i had the usual hospital visits,ecg's,tests and stuff wich checked out,i also agoraphobic/social phobic but have managed to break out on occasions,alas i usualy end up at square one again,i have a lot of interests wich keep me going.As i said i'm new to severe panic attacks,they are really distressing and i have tried to find out as much as i can about them via books and the web,hence i found this site,Graham.

belle
23-11-08, 23:27
Hi and welcome!

x

Lynnann
24-11-08, 02:32
Hi,
:welcome: to NMP, I am sure you will find lots of help and support here on your journey to recovery and make some good friends along the way.
Lynnann

Veronica H
24-11-08, 08:16
Hi Graham
:welcome: to NMP. This site has really helped me. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. If you are thinking about CBT, but are on a waiting list, there is a very good free online course called www.livinglifetothefull.com (http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/). Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

weeble40
24-11-08, 14:59
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Grayw
24-11-08, 15:04
Many thanks folks,i sort of found this site after buying the book PANIC ATTACKS by Christine Ingham ,it was a really good book and had a few web addresses in the back.I have really felt isolated recently as these attacks are new to me,but its a big boon to be amongst such friendly people who have the same problems as me and far worse wich makes me feel humble,i will drop in chat soon,cheers,Gray

Grayw
24-11-08, 15:13
By the way may i add that in the past i have been through the whole spectrum of psychologists,phsychiatrists,hypnotherapists,atten ded day centres etc,i was amused to see they were all nuttier than i am lol i can reccomend hypnotherapy though,i was given a couple of tapes by the hypnotherapist after i was discharged,there was one called 'the valley' wich she tried out on me during one of the sessions wich ended with me putting all my worries in a box,tying it up and letting it float away via a baloon,unfortunately that baloon later popped and i coud do with a zeppelin to carry them away now.

pooh
26-11-08, 22:54
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

love the zepplin bit! lol

Pooh x