PDA

View Full Version : Need help, anyone awake?

lennons_mammy
24-11-08, 04:19
So for the past few months since my anxiety started I've pretty much had depersonalization/derealisation constantly but the past few weeks I had been doing really well. I had found some exercises to do on the internet and I was doing those and I was finding it was not as bad I was starting to enjoy my day rather than be in a constant state of worry and panic. Tonight I went to bed at 10:00pm and I was feeling ok then I got a feeling of depersonalisation. I don't know what happened after that it was like all the stuff I had taught myself to cope with it went from my head and I had a big panic attack. I managed to calm down and even managed to get to sleep but I woke up a couple of hours ago and I just can't get it out my head. I can't stop worrying its going to happen again. I don't understand I was doing so well :weep: .

lennons_mammy
24-11-08, 05:24
Its happened again. I'm so scared please help :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: .

xBettyBoopx
24-11-08, 05:52
Hi Lennons

They are called set-backs hun. You will be ok. I know that when you've come so far that it's sooooooooo frustrating to feel like you're back at that place again. But you aren't you're just having a bad time at the moment, hopefully it might only last a day or 2. Can you remember what you did or didn't do last time when you had been feeling better?

Our bodies do some strange things when we're drifting off to sleep & even when we are asleep, these feelings 'dupe' us into thinking that we have got this dreaded thing back again. They are only feelings & thoughts, they are NOT real, keep telling yourself that. Don't let it get the better of you. Play some nice music, try & take your mind off of it, or even shout at it, that it isn't gonna do to you what it did before, you're stronger now, don't let it frighten you again, it stopped right? So it can stop again. Please take heart & don't let it win.

Take care

Els
xxx

Oceanblue
24-11-08, 06:06
Hi,

Hope you're ok. I've also been feeling like this for a long time now, it's also pretty much constant, I like you have this right now, I've been up for afew hours too.

I've had anxiety/panic for years now and I still haven't managed to find a real way to solve it. But what I do find helps the most is exercise, I've been swimming quite a bit lately, swimming length after length to rid the negative energy, it does work. I want to go to the pool now, only I have to see my children off to school first, straight after I will go.

Try if you can to keep your mind busy, help yourself to focus on something entirely different other than concentrating on the anxiety itself.

Put the radio or tv on to help disrupt your thoughts, then maybe a bit later you can try going out for a walk or something.

Here if you need to talk :flowers: xx

lennons_mammy
24-11-08, 10:03
Hi thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. I am feeling abit better now. I think I know whats happened. I stopped taking my medication suddenly instead of withdrawing slowly. I thought since I had only been on them a couple of months it would be ok but obviously it wasn't. I started on propranolol a couple of days ago so hopefully they kick in soon. I have been doing aerobics for the past month but I have not done any for a few days and I have been eating quite unhealthily the past couple of days so I wonder if they contributed to it as well.

lennons_mammy
24-11-08, 12:35
Hi pureobunny

Thanks for the advice. I am sorry you had a bad day yesterday are you feeling better today?
I don't think it was a cold or flu because I am agoraphobic and don't leave the house so I can't really catch anything unless someone with cold/flu comes to the house but nobody has.
Your right that food, drink and exercise can your affect your mood and I definatly think it contibuted to the way I felt this morning. I am going to be eating and drinking more healthily today and I am going to do some exercise this afternoon.