PDA

View Full Version : Weak limbs...strong fear

Blackstar
24-11-08, 11:34
Hi everyone,

It seems I have a Disease of the Week...last week it was liver failure. This week it is anything that can cause weak and shaky limbs.

Since Thursday last week my left leg has felt really weird, it feels weak and shaky, cramps easily and twitches sometimes. Now my left arm is feeling the same. Obviously I am convinced it is something like MS, Motor Neurone Disease or Parkinson's...or that I had a mini stroke and it's affected my left side. I know all these things are unlikely but I have practically settled into the idea of dying before I'm 35 (I'm 30 now), and can't snap out of it. Somehow I can't accept that I'm healthy, I am just so sure my fate is to get a hideous and lingering disease.

Funny, isn't it, how most people think, "It won't happen to me"...when I think, "Everything will happen to me"!!

Does anyone else ever get funny-feeling limbs? Should I worry? I don't want to haul myself to my GP again over something so vague :unsure:

Anna. x

anna66
24-11-08, 11:45
Hey,
That is me too! This week Its all tummy probs - due to a little ouside stress - but my mind wants me to believe it to be something ar worse!
Xx

j2
27-11-08, 00:12
I was just looking for someone else with weakness in one leg or one arm. I feel like me left leg is going to give out at any moment. I get dizzy and my throat feels like it is going to close up. At any moment I am convinced I have MS, a brain tumor, a throat tumor, a nuero disease or diabetes. I can't turn off my mind. I only search these boards and stay away from google. It helps to hear others with similar problems. Oddly, even as I am typing this I am convinced that your problems are from anxiety but mine MUST be some horrible disorder. Anyway good luck and God bless.

J2