PDA

View Full Version : re another fear

leo05
17-06-05, 15:09
hi well i know this may sound strange but have massive fear of horses sorry to all you horses lovers been petrified since i saw my bro been bite on the shoulder by one so every time i see one i have to go the other way or even just cross the street

quite stupid really

seh1980
17-06-05, 16:06
hi Leanne,

Quite a few people are scared of horses. It's not a bad fear to have though because you won't really come across a horse unless you go out of your way to do so..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

leo05
17-06-05, 16:20
well yeah but in the line of work i really want to do you have to be at one with nature and wildlife including horses

eeyorelover
24-06-05, 04:30
Leo - I'm from farm country in Midwest US and have seen LOTS of people that r afraid of horses. They are big and have a mind of their own and having a tramatic event happen usually is what starts a phobia involving a certain kind of animal but I have seen a lot of people who have been afraid of horses go on to ride and really love them. It might help to work your way up from being so far away (make sure u find a well trained horse and experienced handler) and just move a little closer every time u go. It may take a while but as u see that their not as scary as u thought, u might gain an appreciation for them.

Meg
24-06-05, 10:07
Find a stables and talk to the owner and explain and often they are really helpful in helping you learn to approach them.

Always have polo mints with you ...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

leo05
24-06-05, 11:33
thanks but why polo mints?

Quirky
24-06-05, 11:43
Horse love Polo mints or apples or carrots!

I used to own a horse and had a few friends who were afraid of them. In time one friend was introduced gradually to my horse and she got to like him and started to learn to ride him. They're lovely creatures really. Good luck

leo05
24-06-05, 11:53
thanks that has cleared that one up LOL