PDA

View Full Version : Blood results normal!!

cthechick84
24-11-08, 15:41
Well her goes im being silly again,but i had a blood test donelast week for throid or hormone trouble that i suspected,and i phoned up for results and thankfully they were normal...but im still having a lil worry.does everyone think that a throid hormone blood test would also be able to detect anythink else in my blood??like serious things else otherwise i may feel the neeed to ave another blood test,its jus im so determined to beat this anxiety but to start off with i wana put this blood test behined me, would the blood test of been a full blood count?? as im not sure.iam relived for normal results but why cant i shake all the other thoughts away for...hard work this anxiety
Thanks and best wishes C.xx:doh:

Grayw
24-11-08, 15:46
Hi,I've had a number of blood tests lately since ive had panics,i think they can tell a lot from a sample although you have certain tests for different things like liver,thyroid etc..i was actualy diagnosed as diabetic once from a blood test and i dont have it now!Saying that a the time i had lost alot of weight and was eating a lot of cakes and suggery things to regain it,so may have detected the sugar,if it makes you feel beter i would have another test,i have one every now and again at the surgery anyway and usualy all clear.

honeybee3939
24-11-08, 15:52
Hi C

I had a full blood test done a couple of weeks ago, it was for thyroid, liver cholestrol but didnt include a hormone. apparently the hormone test is done seperatley. Why dont you give your surgery a call and ask what tests where done(full blood count etc) and what the results mean?

I rang my surgery up last week for the same reason because i was unsure and they where very helpfull.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Shaky
24-11-08, 15:59
I've had 3 blood tests recently testing everything possible all have come back fine. I had a 5 minute appointment with my doctor, but he is really good he spent 30 minutes discussing what they all meant and how it ruled this and that out. But i still worry.

gemchanel
24-11-08, 16:08
i had blood tests done a couple of weeks ago as i have gained a lot of weight the doctor wanted to test for liver kidneys cholesterol diabetes. they cam back normal but i still worry x

abi
24-11-08, 16:52
If the blood test was to check thyroid levels, and that's all the request form had on it, then the test would only be for that. Different coloured bottles are for different tests and so, for example, the bottle for a full blood count is lilac. Next time you have a test you can ask the nurse what is requested on the form.
Hope that helps.

countrygirl
24-11-08, 22:36
As previous post says the tests you had done were very specific - for thyroid hormones and whatever other hormone test was done???

If you are really worried go back and ask you Dr for some mot blood tests just to put your mind at rest. My Dr is happy to this for me once a year at least and she does - full blood count - liver and kidney function - esr .
I have an underactive thyroid so have my levels checked every 6 months anyway.