PDA

View Full Version : Blood spots - PLEASE REPLY ANYONE!

Vickid
24-11-08, 17:27
I have tiny little red blood spots on my tummy and arms, they are really stressing me out.

I have constant cold feet (unless i'm in bed) but I was worrying incase those little spots were something sinnister.

I have enough to worry about!

Please reply

x

bab
24-11-08, 17:54
they sound like normal blood vessels or cappilaries which are harmless and normal - x

Trixie
24-11-08, 18:09
They are nothing to worry about at all.

scaredsilly
24-11-08, 18:34
are the about the size of a freckle or mole and bright red? if so, i have the exact same thing. most of them have been there all my life. my mom and sister have them too. i'm not sure what they are, but they are absolutely NOTHING to worry about. my mom had hers checked and mentioned to the doctor that my sister and i also have them. the doctor wasn't concerned. and told my mom that there was no reason to have ours looked at. like i said, i probably have 20 or so on my body and they have been there my entire life. if you're still concerned, pop over to the doctor to have a look and put your mind at ease... but really, i'm sure, if we're talking about the same thing, you have nothing to worry about.

countrygirl
24-11-08, 22:28
Well I have lots of tiny raised or flat bright red spots mostly round my shoulders/chest top of arms and they are called cherry angionomas I think! that was what the Dr said and they are competely harmless and sometimes they even drop off. One did this to my one day and I nearly died of fright and was amazed to find the skin underneath was normal you could not tell anything had been there.

I am also covered in skin tags and also moles and freckles.

I don't know if anyone else with these red spots also has all the other things as well???

I am now 47 yrs old and also getting what the Dr called sebasious ( can't spell) warts which aren't true warts at all but look like brown flat warts on my hands and arms - again they are harmless and caused by ageing and sun.

Cathy V
24-11-08, 22:55
....Sebaceous is the little old word you mean xxx :)

EmmaJane
24-11-08, 23:01
I get these on my legs, noticed them years ago. mentioned to doc and he said very common in woman. Dont know what they are, but they havent harmed me.

Worrier
25-11-08, 00:06
I too have the blood spots on my chest and stomach. I have never worried about them, just figured they were okay. Plus I also have tons of moles, which of course I check and I don't go in the sun.

Try not to worry about them, they are okay.

Worrier

Ddcoo
25-11-08, 08:53
I have noticed an increase in these red spots over the past few years and I'm in my 60's now, so I mentioned it to the doctor and he said that as you age they increase and are nothing to worry about.

joyce1980
25-11-08, 09:50
Me too!!! and guess what I did, googled.... well I thought I was dying..

The Dr told me that theyare pin sized burst blood vessels and nothing to worry about, they come and go and sometimes some stay.

I took me a whilr to stop looking for them and panicing.

You will be fine, I still have them

Lisa D
25-11-08, 12:05
i got them on my arms years ago and they have stayed- i assumed they were little spots of blood from where little hairs have been pulled out? never done me any harm though, don't worry. i always have cold hands and cold feet too- don't worry xx

countrygirl
25-11-08, 14:38
We seem to talking about two different things here. I am referring to the bright red spots on top of the skin that are either flat or raised rather than the deep red under the skin petechia spots that are caused by burst blood vessels. Don't know which ones the orginal poster has???

The ones I and other posters have are external and totally harmless and the other ones are almost always harmless as well but the under the skin ones are always worth mentioning to the Dr . I am not going to explain why hope you all agree as it will only worry some people and as I said in almost every case they are harmless anyway. Think i have dug myself into a hole here !

joyce1980
25-11-08, 15:08
We seem to talking about two different things here. I am referring to the bright red spots on top of the skin that are either flat or raised rather than the deep red under the skin petechia spots that are caused by burst blood vessels. Don't know which ones the orginal poster has???

The ones I and other posters have are external and totally harmless and the other ones are almost always harmless as well but the under the skin ones are always worth mentioning to the Dr . I am not going to explain why hope you all agree as it will only worry some people and as I said in almost every case they are harmless anyway. Think i have dug myself into a hole here !

Yes I agree and that's why the googling sent me into a panic but you can actually have these "spots" I wont name them, from everyday trauma, like bumping the skin and what not.... my Dr said alone they are not a cause for worry but get them viewed by a Dr anyway, it will put your mind at rest.

jwoulf
26-11-08, 22:47
I've had one on my face since I was a child. They are not to be worried about.

The only time you should consult a physician is if more start appearing suddenly, as it can be a sign of some types of infections.

jbond1978
18-12-08, 10:23
I have begun noticing petechiae as well... but had blood works done and they were very fine with everything within normal ranges and distributions etc. My petechiae come and go (as petechiae do) and they are typically on my inner thighs, back of my knees, or on shoulders.

Even now I am not totally convinced it is something that should not be treated, but after the blood tests my doc is totally unconcerned about them - he says it could very well be the result of a virus. He seems to be a very good and informed doctor, so I'll have to put bad thoughts away :)

Best regards, Jens

Rachel W
05-01-10, 13:02
Do any of you find that they turn into freckles? Mine do eventually. I panicked because I have been suffering from major health anxiety over the last year and a half, and read up on them and they give nothing but sinister reasons for them...

...then I mentioned them to my Mum and she showed me many that she has, but they always stay red.

Also, they seem quite flat, but then when I looked at the two on the back then they seem slightly raised so I am a little less worried about them. They are also very small, and I am just getting over a bad cold, and months of very bad stress, not eating properly (Christmas junk) etc. Could all these be factors?

ChrisMayo
06-01-10, 03:58
Hey guys.
I have had these, and still do, more appearing all the time.
I was convinced I had a liver problem, then an auto-immune problem.

Currently seeing a rheumatologist for possible auto-immune problems (I get a lot of muscle aches, tiredness, blotches with them too) and also getting a liver scan (which I requested after several trips to the doctors)

Had loads of blood tests done, all which have been normal, so I have been told by various doctors, nurses and a dermatologist that they are just burst blood vessels, and that they are leaky capillaries, that will cause them to come and go.

I mostly have mine on my upper arms, but also have slightly bigger ones on my feet, and also have a few on my neck and legs. Some come and go, some have stayed, some turn into freckles, then more appear. Very odd.

Like you I was convinced I had something serious. Blood tests are good at picking things up.

It's always worth getting blood tests done, as nasty as they are for HA sufferers it's better to get the worry out of the way, then sit wondering for ages.

If you like i'll keep you updated on all my results. It's unlikely to be anything related, but may be of interest / use to you.

Chris x

lilypippin
10-03-10, 14:42
Hi guys,
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm worried beyond belief about the red pin prick spots I've started getting. I've always had a couple of bigger ones (approx 2mm diameter) on my stomach and thigh but last week on holiday, I was sat eating breakfast when I noticed loads (and I mean loads) of tiny pin prick red dots, mainly on my upper arms, but a few on my thighs, torso and lower arms. To start with, I thought that maybe they'd always been there, because you do have to look hard to see them properly, but then I did a test when I mentally remembered a patch of skin that def didn't have any of these dots, and now there are some there. So I googled...and it's def petechiae, and now I'm convinced it's either leukaemia or cirrhosis (because both have petechaie as a symptom due to low platelet levels). Saw the doc today who said he thought it was a viral rash (have had awful sore throat last couple of weeks) but I know he is wrong. Can anyone please reassure me? I'm going out of my mind here.

xx

B-gal
18-03-10, 23:25
Hey lilypinnin,

I replied to your other post about this, but just wanted to say too that the more you look at will seem like more appear, but many have been there before. This happened with me but nothing anyone said reassured me. The best advice I can give is tell the doc you want the full blood test for them, but honestly it is so so unlikely that there is anything wrong. When I had this problem I had loads of replies from people who had them and they were harmless and not accompanied by any illness. Mine were also accompanied by bruising at the time which really made me panic, but again all my blood levels etc were fine. Hope this helps

xxx

BabyRachel
18-03-10, 23:42
Hunny they could be broken capilaries which are totally harmless. Or perhaps do u scratch your tummy? Even whilst asleep? This can cause little blood spots.

Also don't worry about cold feet, I have constant cold feet all the time too! xx