PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Brain tumor

pj
17-06-05, 17:17
Hi,

Great website it's really helpful.

Just thought I would share this.

I've been very fortunate I'm not a poorly person - probably don't do enough exercise but I dont smoke or drink.

Last year a little girl I know passed away very quickly and unexpectedly with a brain tumor. And i think that may have trigged something in me.

A little while ago I was in the bath and 'thought' i had a tingly feeling in my arm and leg. Oh no boy did I panic, alarm bells rang, and I went to work in a state. After about 1 week I recovered from this fear but then had stomach pains not like usual ones. I thought something serious we going on down there but these went after a week. Then something was going on in my manhood area I thought I had testicular cancer (though no lumps) I even went to the docters and dropped my trousers (not something I would do unless I was really really concerned) GP was great and settled me down. I am pleased to say all is fine down there now.

However in the bath again I believed I had another strange feeling in my arm and leg. It's not constant and I cant say they have ever felt completly numb. Following this experiance I now have a feeling in my head. It feels sooo real. It's around the temple area. Trying to think rationally I hope it's nothing. I've no other symptons that i'm aware and I'm obviously a bit stressed out and sensitive.

Hoping it goes away soon - will keep you informed.

carlin
17-06-05, 18:30
Hi there and welcome,
You must be feeling really stressed after your loss recently. It is perfectly normal to start experiencing these feelings after something so traumatic. I can't give you any sound advice, except to say that i, and many others, know how you are feeling. You did the best thing by going to see your gp for re-assurance. If he had thought their was a problem, he would have seeked further investigation, please try to be assured by this. it's not easy, and others will be able to offer advice, take care and please keep in touch.

chucklehound
17-06-05, 19:15
Hi Pj and welcome to the forum.
I know exactly what you are going through. I lost 2 close friends to brain tumours and 1 to brain haemmorage and now every little ache I get (like today with my head aches) that there is something serious and that death is not too far away. It is a terrible feeling but I think for the time-being we have to live with it until it eases. And it will ease...

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

seh1980
17-06-05, 21:36
Welcome aboard PJ!! :)

We all get concerns about our health. I always think that I have something wrong with me. This is just anxiety getting the better of us though. If the GP has checked you out and given you the ok then you have nothing to worry about. I always have horrible sensations in my head but it's just because I'm paranoid. I know that these feelings are all in my head but they still really scare me..

Hope you feel better soon!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

stimpy
18-06-05, 03:22
Hi and welcome PJ

I'm sorry to hear about your little girl.
I just my mum a few months ago and that was awful. I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to lose a child.

I think it is only natural that you are going to worry, and the slightest thing that is "out of the ordinary" is going to make you panic.
It is quite normal to feel this way. Mr Panic is playing on your feer of illness.

I think you did the right thing going to see the doctor, even if it was a bit embarrassing.

Try and stay calm.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'