PDA

View Full Version : strange feelin

titchjd
24-11-08, 23:09
Hiya folks hope u r all well .
Well Ive been havin a weird thing 4 about 2 weeks now but has got worse over past few days .....I keep feelin giddy but then wen I go 2 walk its like I cant walk in straight line I feel all strange and realy have 2 focus on how Im walking ...Ive noticed it at work sooooo much .....Iwear tinted glases at work cus of lights but even they dont help anymore .
I was satnding talkin 2 m8 at work 2 day wen I went very giddy ..I sed I have 2 go sit down but thenwen iwent 2 walk it felt like u are wen drunk (not that i ever have been of course haha ) and had 2 hold on 2 things ...ive had this constantly 2 day and its really annoying .

can any 1 else relate ?

thanx
Titchjd xxxxxxxxx

Oceanblue
25-11-08, 00:08
Hey Titch,

I get this so much too,..for me I feel it's anxiety related, infact especially lately.

I was even walking to the swimming pool tonight and someone I knew,.. said " Are you wandering again lol ?":blush: . I then realised I wasn't walking in a straight line (but I was also kind of thinking and looking elsewhere too,.. so hmmm). In my own world,.. doesn't help I guess.

But I can totally relate. Another thing is, at times I can feel quite weak and shakey, I think it's to do with my sugar level. I was wondering if you have the same probs ?

I've been told to eat little and often, though I know it can sometimes be difficult to fit into a busy lifestyle.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take it easy and hope this helps a bit, cos I don't think you're alone here. xxxx:flowers:

Cathy V
25-11-08, 00:11
Hi Sam, could it be your ears, a balance thing, like a sort of vertigo. might be that your ears and sinuses are a bit blocked and this can cause the feeling you describe. have you had a cold in recent weeks? I know it souds strange but i remember feeling like this when i was in the years leading up to menopause. it was more frequent when i was around age 44. i know we cant blame hormones for everything but its just a suggestion. Sorry if its not much help matey.

Take care
Cath xxx :)

Southern_Belle
25-11-08, 00:19
Hi Titch,

I agree with Cathy it could be your ears such as an ear infection or your sinuses and you might want to go to your GP to get them checked out. Another thing it might be that makes me get giddy and lightheaded and then I also walk funny is my blood pressure, it is very low. So, for the record all of the above I have listed have done it for me in the past. As stated your GP could check it all out for you. I hope you are feeling well and please let me know how things turn out.

Take care,

Laura xxx

askim
25-11-08, 05:59
IMHO if your problem was just being dizzy I would say your inner ear. But, the feeling of being giddy combined with that dizzines would make me think along the lines of blood sugar levels. I am no expert just my opinion. I also get the giddy feeling in conjuction with my blood sugar levels being out of wack. I hope I could be of some help. Take care!

titchjd
25-11-08, 15:56
Thanx every1 for replies .
Im booking in 2 docs next week as had horrible day again with it .
Cathy ...I do think it could be hormone related as I have lots of issues with my hormones.....but I also had low BP last time I went 2 docs but was told theres nothing really I can do about it .
I have been tested before for my blood sugars as had dizziness before but this is a different kind of feeling than before.....

Katie yeah I do feel weak esp my legs Its like They goin 2 give way ...not in a jelly legs anxiety way but in a heavy weight kind of way ..like ive run a marathon x

thanx all..I will go have my ears checked out aswell when I go 2 docs and eill let you know what he says xxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

marie1974
25-11-08, 16:32
hi hun, sorry u still feeling poorly matey, docs is a good idea just to put your mind at rest too.

here if u need me hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bab
25-11-08, 20:26
you know moat of the time i would say its anxiety but this past few weeks a couple of friends have had this virus where they are really giddy and feel like they going to drop or feel like walking on a ship it passed after a few weeks and its going round x

Hereford Al
25-11-08, 20:53
I've had the same thing recently - After a really heavy cold a few weeks ago, my ears are all blocked up and I feel really giddy at times. Was at the doctors last night (not sure how I managed to make it there!) but she said that because the wax is so hard she could not try to syringe them incase it damaged the ear drum. So I have to put stuff in them for a few days and go back to see her next week.

Doing my head in a bit, because I can be fine then all of a sudden get dizzy. Happened today when I took the dog out for a walk and had to sit down on the bench for a few minutes....I can't be THAT unfit, surely! Plus people keep having to repeat stuff to me all the time because I generally am a bit deaf at the moment!

pinkpiglet
25-11-08, 21:08
Its true, it could be your ears! But it could also just be another symptom of anxiety.
I say this because I too used to get this feeling of been off-balance. Walking at a slant or as if I was walking on sponge. I used to get my ears checked all the time, hoping that it would be this (then there would have been a reason behind my symptom & some medication I could take to make it better), it was usually put down to stress or anxiety though (as per usual). It does seem like a common problem though.

reallyfedup
11-01-09, 20:18
Its true, it could be your ears! But it could also just be another symptom of anxiety.
I say this because I too used to get this feeling of been off-balance. Walking at a slant or as if I was walking on sponge. I used to get my ears checked all the time, hoping that it would be this (then there would have been a reason behind my symptom & some medication I could take to make it better), it was usually put down to stress or anxiety though (as per usual). It does seem like a common problem though.

I feel just like this:horrible horrible sensations :mad: