PDA

View Full Version : I got a job!!!

LisaS
17-06-05, 21:04
hi all,

I got a job!! I had an interview on wednesday which went well.. i had a good swig of rescue remedy beforehand and thought i may as well just go for it and see what happens. 70 people went for the job and I just got a call saying they want to offer me the job!!! yay!!! I'm so proud of myself!
I'm sorry but I have done a few what ifs, but i guess i'm just anxious about going 'back to work' and how i'll cope, but i guess thats normal..
thanks for all your support everyone.. I didn't mention I had an interview as I didn't want to get nervous..
For those who dont know me, back in February I was a mess. Basically I started experiencing panic attacks again quite frequently and thought I had got rid of them 2 years before.. They began to take over my life, I stopped going out and stopped going to uni.. I would sit in my house absolutely petrified of everything, even going into another room, I was full of high level anxiety. I was having devastating negative irrational thoughts that invaded me all day and was phoning the Samaritans thinking I was going mad. I cried often with frustration and thought my life was over as I knew it.. things have gradually improved.. it has taken time and more time than I had hoped but have slowly built up the courage to take very small steps increasing my confidence slowly. I still have down days but these are getting much less and they dont last as long anymore.. so things can get better and I for one, thought they never could.
love lisa [8D]
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

seh1980
17-06-05, 21:25
[Wow!] Lisa congrats!! Am so very proud of you!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

carlin
17-06-05, 21:35
Hi Lisa,
FANTASTIC............well done ! You should be proud of yourself as we are here! Don't be sorry about the what if's, we all do that, everyone does that, anxiety or not, take care, good luck and keep us informed xxx

LisaD
18-06-05, 04:11
Yay Lis, you go girl! Congrats again....hopefully we'll be facing this new job thing together!!! My interview is next Tues, so I'll let ya know, we'll talk each other through the "what ifs" cuz I've got them going too!

Good call on the Rescue Remedy, I'll def bring it along!

xxxLisa

henri
18-06-05, 09:32
WELL DONE LISA!!
that is such fantastic news. sounds like you have made amazing progress, well done,
henri x

pips
18-06-05, 11:09
HEY LISA WELL DONE mate I am so pleased and proud of you. What will you be doing? and when will you start hun?

Glad things are looking up for you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

alexis
18-06-05, 14:06
hI lISA, WELL DONE ON GETTING YOUR JOB, DOES IT INVOLVE KARAOKE, oops sorry capitals on, seriously though very well done and all the best when you start, x love Alexis,x

leo05
18-06-05, 14:06
well done good luck in your new job really pleased for you

[Yeah!][Wow!] keep it up

LisaS
18-06-05, 14:09
thanks for your congrats messages girls!!
this job has given me a real boost of confidence and feel I can do anything!! (will try not to get too over confident though!)
pips - its working for a financial adviser and I start on June 27th!!
I feel really happy and can look back and see all the progress I have made and it takes a lot for me to admit that.
thanks again everyone and remind me to read this when I have a blip!!

Lisa
xxx
p.s. anyone else boiling!!?! gorgeous day!!

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

tattybear
18-06-05, 14:11
Well Done Lisa!!

Youve every right to be proud of yourself, youve come such a long way and im really pleased for you :D

..and yes..Its BOILING here today!!!! :D:D:D:D

Tatty B xx

florence
18-06-05, 15:39
Hi Lisa

Very well done![8D]
Hope all goes well..

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

nomorepanic
18-06-05, 16:03
Lisa

A very BIG well done to you on getting the job.

I am so pleased for you and all the progress you have made.

x

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
18-06-05, 16:57
Lisa,

Thats is such good news. Well done and many congratulations.

For the benefit of people coming behind you and needing hope and inspiration would you just ad donto here a quick summary of what your issues were and your recovery journey thus far

Many thanks

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pinkscrumpy
18-06-05, 18:36
Well done Lisa

Thats is fantastics. A big pat on the back for you

loads o love

MANDIE XX

Karen
18-06-05, 22:50
Congratulations and well done Lisa.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
19-06-05, 21:13
Good on you girl I will be thinking of you!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

angieb
20-06-05, 08:41
Lisa - what a star!!!!

Just answered you pm hunny.

It is fanstastic when you feel you are winning, and winning you most certainly are.

Take care...Angie