PDA

View Full Version : PMS Hell This Month!

Purple Fish
25-11-08, 08:02
Hi,

Just wanted to share with you how my period has effected me over the last couple of days. My monthlys seem to vary quite a lot. Some months I have no symptoms and some it`s as if they`ve been building up! I take Norethisterone which is like a mini pill for my PMS. It controls my periods so I know which day I`m going to start. This time I have felt quite depressed (I am on 20mg Prozac a day), tired, night sweats, vivid dreams, feelings of dreading christmas and grumpy. Now my period is finishing I`m noticing these feelings are going away. All I think about though is how will I feel next month and so on. Sometimes I`ll get a migraine which I really hate. Anyone out there knows how I feel? Or experienced the same? I guess it`s part of getting older (I`m nearly 36). My periods never used to be a problem unless it was because I either had a coil or was on the proper pill. My hubby`s had the snip so I don`t need contraception now.

Thanks for reading

Tanya xx

bumbles
25-11-08, 08:05
I also feel like tghis every month it really sets you back, and I dread every period. No help to you I know but it makes you feel better to share

Oceanblue
25-11-08, 08:19
I seem to suffer pretty badly too. Depression, physically sick, tired and pain, it's horrible. I too take Fluoxetine which does help alittle and I couldn't imagine not taking it now. I have also started the pill again this month, in hope this can also help.

For some really odd reason, I haven't had a period this month at all though, (I think to do with stress) I thought I was but still nothing, I don't believe i'm pregnant though, god I hope not anyhow. This hasn't happened for a long time, as they're usually quite heavy. But sometimes (though rarely) if I am to get a light time of month, I always know I'm in for it the next month round. I can't do very much and have to spend most of the time in bed.

I've bought the herbal meds - Agnus Castus, these im also going to give a try, they're supposed to be good. Have you tried them ?

I know how horrible and how ill periods can make you feel, I can sympathise with you.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx:flowers:

Purple Fish
25-11-08, 17:27
Hey,

Thanks Bumble and Katie for your replies. It does help to know you`re not the only one out there! I just hate the floaty feeling I get with my period, that has got to be the worst! I`ve never tried Agnus Castus. I do take evening primrose oil capsules every day but I think I need the extra strength ones! Can I ask if you drink alcohol on Prozac? I have been but I`m not sure if I should be!

Tanya xx:winks:

Oceanblue
25-11-08, 19:05
Hi Purple,

Yep I drink alcohol on prozac, I've never let the meds stop me from having a drink every now and then. Although with anti-d's you should be careful, it's more so because they can stop the medication from working than anything else, just so long as you don't go OTT.

This is from my experience and I've taken meds for years. Many will disapprove though, ..guess it's just up to the individual.

Take care xx:flowers:

jill
28-11-08, 00:11
Hi hun :D :hugs:

I am sorry to hear how you have been feeling regarding your periods, ohh boy, I know how that can feel, I myself, mine change from month to month, with alot of different symptoms.

I know its hard for you but PLEASE, try not to expect each month to be the same, when you are acute with anxiety, you can programme your mind to expect things AND you usually get it. I get alot of symptoms which change from month to month and there was only one time when I had them all come at once and ohh boy, I could not get myself to work. I do know how dame hard it is when peroids are due, are minds can go into overdrive. Please hun, don't expect symptoms, but if you get them eccept them, they always go when the peroids starts when its PMS. :hugs:

As for drinking with Prozac, from what I have read, both are made with the same chemical, so the drug may become stronger in your systom, you need to get to know the drug, what effects it has on your mind and body and if you want to drink, make sure you don't take the med just before going out, or when coming home after drinking, it makes the drug effect stronger and Take alcahol in modaration.

Katie is right, its up to the indervidual, but my advice would be, get to know the drug and how to drink when taking in, eg

In modaration...

Make sure you take the med well before drinking

I myself when on amatripaline, I did, however stop drinking alltogher when acute, BUT, that was my choice, I told myself only till I could get my head around what was going on with my mind and body. I did however ask my gp about drinking on this med, (I was only on a small amount) she said it would be fine, in modaration, but it may make me feel more tied, ohh at the time, I was tierd all the blinkin time, so it could not have made me any more tied.

Hope this has been of some help

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Purple Fish
28-11-08, 07:43
Hi Jill,

Thanks for your lovely reply! My symptoms do change from month to month and one month I had no symptoms at all apart from the obvious bleeding! I know what you mean about anticipating symptoms! It depends on what my month was like previously. If I have a bad PMS month I anticipate another bad month and so on.... I do need to get out of this vicious cycle! Just taking each day as it comes! It is hard when I have to mark it on the calendar so I know when to take my mini-pill, then I know when to expect my period!
Oh well....such is life! lol

Tanya
xx :shrug:

jill
29-11-08, 12:42
Hi Tanya :D :hugs:

It is dame hard what us women have to go through, I myself have been marking on the calender my symptoms, MORE to notice that they DO change from month to month.

I want to thank you because I never gave it a thought that vived dreams could be a symptom of hormones, Mmm, just another symptom to add to many.

I am panic high anxiety free because of this great site, BUT, what I have noticed over the monthes, when I am under alot of stress or have things I am dealing with eg, my daughter has a panic disorder and is having a blip right now (she is doing great and moving forward, I am soo proud of her) but when her blip started, when due on, this was the time I got all symptoms at once, so, this showm me, that for myself, dealing with problems in life can effect my hormone and chemical levels when due on, ohhh lesson learned for me. Checked my thought pattens after that and back now, to them changing from month to month.

Still having the vived dreams, but not on yet, can't wait to come on, I know the vived dreams will stop now I know they are hormon related. I WAS over thinking regarding these dreams, YEP can do this to when due on, BUT, YOU have put my mind at rest :yesyes:

Thank you again :hugs: Your a star :hugs:

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

nickieb
29-11-08, 16:49
GRRRRRRRR

I too am having the worst period this month. Started with major anxiety the 2 weeks previous then the giddy head & feeling hot. And now i have actually come on (day 1) i feel depressed, sicky, tearful, heady its vile...

I actually hate would do anything to get rid of this...its the health anxiety i hate the most the weeks leading up...

One fed up nic xx

Purple Fish
29-11-08, 17:23
Hey!

What a breath of fresh air to know we`re not alone! It helps so much! My vivid dreams I get leading up to my period can be quite horrible and I would describe them as sometimes being a bit upsetting, like when someone in my dream has p****d me off or betrayed me in some way, weird. I`ve got a dream book but it`s full of crap!
I just wish I didn`t have to make a mental note of my symptoms and in what part of my cycle they are happening because it just makes me more aware! I don`t want to be aware of feeling crap!
I think we should keep this thread going and give us all updates on how we are feeling once a month!

Thanks! :hugs: xx

Tanya :yesyes:

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

lorac
29-11-08, 19:47
You are so not alone I have just been through two weeks of hell with my period. The build up to it made me so full of anger and anxiety I could hardly cope with it and today I am just starting to calm down again. The joys of being a woman.

Carol

Purple Fish
17-12-08, 09:23
Hi All!

Well it`s been a month since my last period and I`m now gearing up for this month`s delight! I`ve got a stinking cold and the slight dizzies which I do sometimes get leading up to D-Day. I`m determined to shake this cold off before christmas and I`m taking soluble Vitamin C once a day at the moment!
I just feel so tired :emot-sleepyhead:
Everyone who posted in this thread before you guys all OK? :yesyes:

Tanya
xx

jill
17-12-08, 10:32
Hi Tanya :D:hugs:

Sorry to hear you have a cold hun :hugs: the slight dizzies may be due to the cold, it can effect the middle ear which is your balance, I have had this when having a cold, when the cold goes, so does the dizzies. I do hope you get rid of it before exmas :hugs: it does seem like everyone is getting some form of cold or virus, I was saying the other day, if you have not had one, your the odd one out LOL not funny really, they can knock you for six, so to speak.

Regarding my own periods, this month run up as been good, the normal symptoms, tummy ache and ohhh sore boobs, but I know WHY both these things happen, so ok with this.

I have had an issue regarding my breast when due on, last 3 periods ago one of my breast was sore, BUT just in the one spot. I kept an eye on this over the month but it stayed sore right threw. I did think it was strange but still put it down to hormones. Then I found a lump, Mmmm, again, I did find it strange becasue it was just in the one place. I can google.so I did. so I did know it was down to hormones and to much eastragine (spell check:blush:) and another hormone in my body, due to pr-menapause, a blocked milk duck filling with fluid. I did wait awhile, but it never seemed to go. I DO know that all lumps should be checked, So, off I went to gp, who sent me for a mamagram :yesyes:

YOU NEVER gues what, I have had the lump by this time for Mmmm 3 periods and 3 days before going for the test, ohhhh it went :shrug: I do know my mind can play with me and it was telling me I was wasting there time because there was nothing there, but I went anyway.

They where great, she told me I WAS NOT wasting anyones time, the gp found a lump which needed to be checked so that is what they did.

She did confirm what I thought it was but told me if it happens again to go back the gp. The mamagram was all clear :yesyes:

The sorness regarding this area stayed for awhile and this month both breast have been sore. Ohhh what us women have to put up with, BUT, at least I know its all down to these stupid hormones and I do count my blessing because I know people can get really bad the run up to there periods. I feel that mine change from month to month and thats good Mmm, I think depending on what symptoms it wishes to give me each month.

So, I take each month as it comes, try and help myself understand that no matter what the symptoms I feel, with hormons they do pass. THANK GOD. Some months can be horrible, BUT, mine do change. So I do have this as a positive.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Piglet
17-12-08, 22:45
Best thing I've done that actually has totally helped with all my pmt symptoms (which are mainly physical to be honest) is Biocare's Agnus Castus. I know it's evening primrose oil they recommend but that did nothing for me whereas Agnus Castus has done the job.

I've taken it for nearly 3 months and now have stopped because of the improvement - however if I get the symptoms back again then I won't hesitate to take it again.

Love Piglet :flowers: