PDA

View Full Version : Travelling tomorrow!

Insomniac
17-06-05, 22:46
I'm going to Wales in the car tomorrow. [:O]

Travelling by car is one of my biggest challenges... I can hardly think how to write about it. Weather forecast is hot and that makes me feel unwell (no air conditioning in my old Skoda). I know I'll be wondering whether its sickness or anxiety, or sickness because of anxiety. Or whatever. (Losing the plot now :().

I have Rescue Remedy and Immodium (stress gets me both ways!).

It's only a couple of hours but I have trouble with the bridge crossing because of traffic jams - they make me feel even worse. I feel I can't escape.

Trouble is I know I should sleep tonight because lack of sleep won't help. But worrying will make sleep difficult. HELP.

LisaS
17-06-05, 22:50
hiya,
you know how it goes, you always feel worse than it actually is.. it'll be a challenge for you, but you will do it and you will be fine..
I drove to Devon a while back and cried all the way round the M25.. but i did it, as will you! you will feel so proud of yourself once you've done it too!
good luck!!
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

nomorepanic
17-06-05, 22:56
Good luck for tomorrow

I can really sympathise cos I hate driving in the heat and I don't like that bridge - read these previous posts I did....

A Bridge too Far (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1788)
Off to face the bridge again! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2153)

I don't know what time you are going but you can now buy something called Magicool or something like that - you spray it on your face to cool you down.

Could you get some before you go tomorrow?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Insomniac
17-06-05, 22:59
Thanks Lisa.

I just felt I was getting better, at coping at least. But went to the circus an hour away with my little - journey was not good but I did it. :) When I was in the circus I wanted to leave every time the lights went down and they put on the smoke machine between acts. :(

It made me feel bad coz I had felt I was doing better. Then went back to that state of mind. I feel sick all morning and for the whole journey. Daryl says I go funny colours! (feel that way whenever I talk honestly about it too)

Thanks for your message though. Its good to know you're not the only one and you're not just being silly.

Insomniac
17-06-05, 23:02
I'll try Magicool too. Not sure what time we're leaving. Daryl is great - he lets me decide when I'm ready.

I'll give anything a go because this is NOT going to beat me! I did read your posting. (That's what led me here via depression and anxiety search.)

I've spent a lot of time here since. It really helps.
Thanks.

LisaS
17-06-05, 23:15
thats the right attitude - its not going to beat you!! thats what i said to myself in the car too! i know i could have turned back but i didn't!
let us know how you got on - when are you back?

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Insomniac
17-06-05, 23:19
Back sometime Sunday afternoon depending on traffic.(!) Don't even want to think about the T word. lol . We leave before lunch and cross our fingers...

Almost looking forward to Monday morning. Isn't it ironic?

I'll post on return to tell you how I get on. Must sleep now though or tiredness will make things worse. I'll play a a game before I log off. Thanks again for messages. X

LisaS
17-06-05, 23:21
no probs hun. have a good trip..
will be sending positive vibes!! and remember that having a blip is part of the recovery route! so even if it feels bad, it is going upwards!!
take care - go for it!
Lisa
xxx

Insomniac
18-06-05, 07:59
Hi Nicola

We're off this morning. I'm gonna make sure I go to Boots to see if they have Magicool. It's a small store here so keep your fingers crossed.

Your replies really help. I will think of you when we cross that bridge.

Coming home tomorrow so I'll post on return. Anticipation is usually the worst part. (See - I'm trying to convince myself!)

Lisa.

pips
18-06-05, 11:05
Good luck hun,

Thinking of you,

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

leo05
18-06-05, 14:24
good luck you can do it we all are here willing u to do it

Meg
18-06-05, 16:17
Hope all is going well for you ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Insomniac
19-06-05, 20:26
Well, I made it there and back. Anticipation was definitely the worst part.

I took Rescue Remedy and Immodium (the stress gets to me). I also bought Magicool.

It was very hot and I told Daryl about my posting here. Magicool was great!! [8D] Hannah loved it too (she's 6 years old!).

There wasn't too much traffic. As I got closer to the bridge the giant butterflies took over in my stomach.. I started to feel sick so I intently read all the serial numbers and studied the pictures on the £5 note I had ready for the toll. If I didn't look it didn't seem so bad. (Its like hide and seek with your hands over your eyes - if I can't see it I can pretend its not there.)

We had about 3/4 hour to go and I started to feel anxious because I was so hot. I used Magicool and Rescue Remedy and talked myself out of it. I read my magazine for a bit, then I could see we had only about 20 minutes to go which I could live with. I started looking around and talking again.

I made it though. We went to the beach in the afternoon which was LOVELY. A good reward for the challenge of travel.

Today we left mid-morning because it was getting hot and I get panicky in heavy traffic. We were doing OK and I was thinking how much better the return journey was going when 2 ambulances, 2 police cars and a fire engine raced past. My hands were shaking but luckily the accident didn't seem too bad. The traffic kept moving even if it was slowly.

Later on in the journey I was hungry and shared a sandwich with Daryl - which is a good sign, I was calm enough to eat. :)

We're off to Butlins Minehead next week and the way I coped this weekend with all your support has given me hope. [^]

And the magicool was fab - I think I'll buy shares in the company! lol.

Thanks all.

Lisa. XX

Meg
19-06-05, 22:03
Many congratulations indeed .

A brilliant effort and a fantastic result

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

LisaS
19-06-05, 22:08
well done Lisa!!

now dont you feel proud of yourself!!?!! give yourself a treat - you did good!!

Lisa
xxx

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 18:41
A big well done on achieving all that!!

You did so well and I am pleased the Magicool helped too.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"