PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety and hello

pjr
25-11-08, 13:49
This is my first post so hello.
I am a 36 year old dad of three and have previously been diagnosed with General anxiety disorder about 4 years ago.

I have always been a worrier for as long as i can remember and when i got to sixteen i started to get physical symtoms (mainly stomach problems IBS.)

This is how i have lived until June this year when I started to feel dizzy. Went to the docters who gave me pills to treat for labarinthitis. The pills did nothing and I am still feeling dizzy every day. I went back to the doctors and have been sent for MRI scan on head about three weeks ago which has really freeked me out.

Some of the other symtoms I have been suffering since June are ache neck head with face pain. I have also experienced problems with my vision, stiff eyes and movements in corner of my vision.

I also feel of balance to my left like my left arm and leg are out of control.

All of these symtoms are quite mild and do not stop me working.

I spent most of June up until today feeling extremely anxious and pacing about unable to rest or relax.

My question is does this sound like anxiety as I am terified i have something more serious!

I know this is probabley not a very clear post I find it very hard to express how I feel.

lucy030188
25-11-08, 14:39
Obviously it is very hard to say for sure....but alot of ur symptons sound very much anxiety like!

I often get dizzyness and problems with my eyes!!...havent experienced the neck pain but that could be due to tension of you stressing about it?!?!

I really doubt you have something serious...you will be fine!! Its best to go for all the tests the doc suggests....just to ease your mind and to stop u worrying!

Hope that helps a tad
Luce x

Nechtan
26-11-08, 23:27
Hi pjr,

I am also a 36 year old dad of three and the symptoms you described are all too familiar- something else we have in common. 5 years ago I had these symptoms and was sure it was illness. In particular the dizziness and the pulling to the left side. It is scary and in my own case I felt a bit unreal too. I also then started to develop problems with my vision which manifested in all sorts of ways.

At the time though I had no idea it was anxiety and still now do not know if that was the case but I am starting to come around to that way of thinking. It was these symptoms that led to my first panic attacks and I believe most of it could have been avoided had I known it was not illness. If you have been checked out then please try not to let it worry you too much. Obviously it is impossible to ignore but hold on to the knowledge that you'e had tests and they are all fine and that it is most likely anxiety which although not nice is harmless. The reason I say this is I would not like someone to spiral in the way I did from not realising what was happening.

All the best

Nechtan

pjr
27-11-08, 06:50
My anxiety at the moment stems from the fact that I have been sent for a MRI scan because I have the symtoms I have described. This scan was 3 weeks ago and I have to wait until the 10 of Dec for the results. My only comfort at the moment is that if there was anything serious wrong I would have been called back by now! Have just had two very bad days of worry and feel exhausted from all the rapidly changing symptoms.

pjr
05-12-08, 11:08
Just had a letter from Hospital saying MRI scan has come back as normal. I am starting to believe all my symtoms are now linked to anxiety. I now need to beat it . HOW DO I BEAT IT?