PDA

View Full Version : Messenger SA

Remus
25-11-08, 15:53
Does anyone else get this, I have added alot of people over the years SA and not SA, have a few convos that go ok but then start to struggle to know what to say next, the old self worth trap so to speak, I end up just saying nothing to anyone, I'm not this bad in real life even, as I've developed knacks of dealing with people in the real world.

I only have a few freinds I talk regular with on messenger now and feel like abit of failure, I do have dylexia though and cannot type fast or spell that well, so not sure if thats anything to do with it?

Anxious_gal
25-11-08, 16:42
ya I suck at talkin in chat rooms, not too bad at messenger, I ok in real life ha ha, oh and on skype I go quite if i'm talking to people I have never met!
some people are great at the text talk your just better at talking face to face

Diane O'Brien
25-11-08, 17:15
I DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS MESSAGE BUT ILL SAY IT ANYWAY. THIS SITE IS GREAT FOR MEETING PEOPLE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM ANXIIETY AND AGORAPHOBIA IM NOT DISPUTING THAT. WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT ITS FAR MORE BETTER TO MEET PEOPLE FACE TO FACE THEN TYPING ON A KEYBOARD WETHER ITS MSN OR MOBILE PHONE. IT WORRIES ME THAT MANY TEENAGERS MAY BE MISSING OUT ON VITAL SOCIAL SKILLS BECAUSE OF THIS TYPE OF COMMUNICATION. ID RATHER BE MORE CONFIDENT THEN TALKING TO SOMEBODY FACE TO FACE THEN OVER A SCREEN ANYDAY. PEOPLE ARE NOT AS NEIGHBOURLY AS THEY USED TO BE AND I THINK THATS A SHAME. SAYS ME WHO SPENDING ALL MY TIME ON HERE. lol

Anxious_gal
25-11-08, 18:36
yav I agree, internet people are great and supportive, but I know some teenagers who live their life through the internet via internet friends and internet boyfriends.

Remus
25-11-08, 18:39
yeah I agree too, nothing more I'd like myself that to have alot more freinds in my area I could meet up go shopping, have a meal with or go cinema etc, have tried to make freindships but there are few freind making sites, the net is dominated by relationship sites.

mike83
28-11-08, 23:01
Yeah I get that too. Had quite a few people on messenger during the years, though mostly when I was younger. Some people make it really hard for you to talk to them, when I have said "Hi" "how are you" "what have you been up to today" when they say "hi" "ok" "nothing" it makes it hard to start a conversation up, I used to try but now I don't bother, must be why I have no friends.

Some people do know how to have a conversation though then I run out of things to talk about. I did have one close friend who I could talk to for hours about nothing, but she did nag a lot sometimes!

EdwardP
28-11-08, 23:06
I have deleted a lot of my contact on MSN because I just couldn't carry a conversation with them. I hate when you say something and they reply with "Ok". That makes me think that they must think that I am boring and that they are fobbing me off.