PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

anna1
25-11-08, 18:00
Hi
I've suffered from anxiety/depression/ocd most of my life (Im in my forties now) and would just like to say hello to everyone. I don't get bad panic attacks like I used to but I don't go out much so that might be something to do with it. My worst problems now are a fear of things (people) outside, and noises. I don't want to get even more reclusive (I have a young child, otherwise I probably wouldn't go out) so am waiting for CBT at present.

Cheers
Anna

lesleya
25-11-08, 18:19
Hi Anna
:welcome: :welcome: to nmp...glad you've decided to join.

Im sure you ill find the help and support you need here and you'll meet some lovely people here along the way.
Good luck
xxx

Nookster
25-11-08, 19:31
:welcome: Anna , im sure you will find
NMP very helpful with details and just
making you fill good about yourself.

:hugs:

Mike.

bottleblond
25-11-08, 19:33
Hi anna

Welcome to NMP :flowers:

I hope you get lots of support here.

Lisa
x

titchjd
25-11-08, 19:42
Hiya
welcome 2 NMP u will get so much help and support on here xxxx
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

sunshine-lady
25-11-08, 21:00
Hi Anna
:welcome: to NMP, I am fairly new here and finding it to be a lovely supportive group, chat is fun too!

weeble40
26-11-08, 09:22
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

Veronica H
26-11-08, 09:32
:welcome: Anna.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. If you are thinking about CBT, but are on a waiting list, there is a very good free online course called www.livinglifetothefull.com (http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/). Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.
Veronica

pooh
26-11-08, 23:02
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x