PDA

View Full Version : fed up

sue447
18-06-05, 14:16
hi all,
i went to the doctors yesterday afternoon about my chest, he said it was clear but he gave me a ventolin inhalour i dont understand why does it mean i have asthma [?]
i also did a peak flow reading of 400, is that good or bad[?] if my chest is clear does that mean my lungs are ok[?]i didnt ask the doc cause i just wanted to get out of the surgery, can i stop worrying about my chest now do you think[?]thanks for reading
luv suexx

leo05
18-06-05, 14:20
hi im no doc but my dad uses inhalers and only really uses them when he needs to but if you are not happy go back to docs take someone with you if needed and ask

seh1980
18-06-05, 14:21
hi Sue,

He probably just gave you the inhaler so that you would feel that you had something to help you if you thought that you needed it. He would have told you if you had asthma. If your chest is clear then you have nothing to worry about..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

alexis
18-06-05, 14:37
Hi Sue, did he give you a peak flow machine to bring home, peak flows vary on age and weight too, they can also be different morning and night.
Im sure when Meg comes she will be able to advise you more, also there are lots of websites on them.
try not to worry too much, Love Alexis,x

chucklehound
18-06-05, 15:40
Hope your mind is put at rest soon...
Sounds to me like everythings fine and I think he gave it u just to put your mind at rest.

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Meg
18-06-05, 16:15
If your chest is clear yes it does mean all is well with your lungs and you can stop worrying.

Have you ever had a ventolin inhaler before, do you know what its for and how to use it properly ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sue447
18-06-05, 19:57
thanks for your replys,
meg- ive never had an inhaylor before but my son uses them regular, the thing i dont understand is if my lungs are ok, why give me one anyway,its just added a bit more fuel to my anxiety now, as i think im going to have an asthma attack or worse
luv suexx

Meg
18-06-05, 20:55
I think he must have gone for the very tight bibs and braces approach..

Its a bit contradictory so I would suggest not using the inhaler as your chest was clear.

Asthma chests cannot be described as clear so that is very improbable plus your peak flow is too good for an asthmatic one

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...