PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about soo many things

phil06
25-11-08, 23:33
I am soo anxious about soo much right now I feel stressed. Not sure how I can cope. I don't get much physical symptoms as I got over them with therapy over a year back. I have a sheet I was given which kind of says how I feel in ways: Worrying Thought, Physical symptoms and behaviour which can relate to all my worries:

Dreams I have been getting really vivid bad dreams some I can remember which link to my anxiety OCD thoughts.

I feel like I will never find a nice woman. For about 3 or 4 months I have given up hope. I was going out with somebody but it never lasted I feel with my bad job hours and money I can't be bothered plus there's no right woman for me so It depresses me. It's a vicious cycle and brings on the HOCD and makes me worry and worry and worry non stop.

I get HOCD anxious thoughts fears of not being into woman even though I am and have only had g.fs. I worry and the physical things are I feel sick or need to check myself and behaviour I end up going red all the time and get these awful horrible thoughts which stress me.

I have OCD's about cleaning and a recent one over the months has been using too much body spray so I was told from somebody you can die from some irregular heartbeat which has scared me now.

I'm fed of the latest physical symptoms like going red, having to make sure I walk ok, OCD over music or clothes and stuff like that.

My head knows what I am all about but the OCD/anxiety is very controlling. Can anybody give me any advice? I just feel scared, anxious feel down. I managed to get over it last week as I put on a tough front but even that caused me anxiety later on like "what if im a bad person" "what if i am turning nasty" so I feel weak again.

My mind is full of negative thoughts and even the panic attacks are creeping back up at night. I guess it never helped when I worry "what if i will be like this forever".

I feel a bit down in my job, hate being single and stuff like that...plus the added anxiety I just duno I feel miserable. :blush:

Veronica H
26-11-08, 09:42
:bighug1: Sorry you are still struggling Phil. If your thoughts are as rapid as you have written them here then I feel for you, as I started to feel a bit tense just reading them. Having answered some of your previous posts I was wondering if you have considered returning to the GP for some help in the short term? Remember that thoughts are feelings with this illness and these thoughts are sensitising your nerves and keeping the cycle going. Best wishes Phil.

Veronica

never2late
26-11-08, 23:45
Hang in there Phil. You're going to get to the place you need to be. It's hard to believe that it will happen when you're right in the middle of it. But it will.

In the meantime, perhaps a visit to your GP, or other, might be in order. Yes? They're there to help.

phil06
27-11-08, 00:36
Hang in there Phil. You're going to get to the place you need to be. It's hard to believe that it will happen when you're right in the middle of it. But it will.

In the meantime, perhaps a visit to your GP, or other, might be in order. Yes? They're there to help.

You are right.

Like I said before I worried for a year I was going to get manic depressed now the worry hardly comes to my mind. I think any help I would get would probably just be challenging negative thoughts I know there are some useful posts here for it.

I end up thinking will the worry I have apply to it but I guess it will. I know I should relax more and say it's anxiety because I know what my head is saying and it will sort out later. It's hard when you are in "worry mode".

never2late
27-11-08, 00:54
It's hard when you are in "worry mode".

It's ok to worry . . . just don't worry about worrying.

If that makes any sense!