PDA

View Full Version : Claire Weekes

LisaD
18-06-05, 17:53
Hi all,

I have heard so many good things about Claire Weekes, I would like to give her a try! Only problem is that I'm having a hard time finding her books! My local library has "complete self-help for your nerves" and "more help for your nerves"...how do these compare to the orginal "self-help for your nerves" and does anyone have a favorite out of these two?

Thanks,
Lisa

LisaS
18-06-05, 18:01
hi Lisee,
my first book was Self help for your nerves and it really helped me thru the worst patches of my mini breakdown! i read it like a bible and felt like i wasn't mad!
i just got essential help for your nerves last week which goes into more detail - its 2 books in one - Peace from nervous suffering and more help for your nerves..

basically get any of 'em! they are great.. she talks to you like its just you and her and she says things that make you go, 'yeah, that is so me!!'

good luck,
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Quirky
18-06-05, 18:10
My Dad gave me a copy of self help for your nerves. When I first read it I freaked out as she kept talking about nervous breakdowns, but I read on and realised she was talking about all forms of stress/panic whether mild or as severe as a breakdown. What she says really makes sense, it hasn't helped me stop having panic at times but it really helped me understand the symptoms.

EmmaJane
18-06-05, 21:06
Ive had loads of book, all kinds and Im sorry to say, I have never heard of Claire Weekes. Looks like ill have to find out more about her

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

vernon
18-06-05, 21:10
i read the 2 books years ago and i think i was a bit young and didnt realy benefit from them as i dont think i took it al in as when we first suffer nevouse problems we dont beleive its in the mind and feel realy physicaly ill. But got essential help for your nerves about 6 months ago from amazon (Only cost about £8) and it realy helped mem. As lisaS said its quite a big book 2 books rolled into one, Its well broke down into chapters so its very easy to read. I would realy recomend this book to anyone.

vernon
18-06-05, 21:11
Wow emmajane never heared of anyone who hasnt heared of Clare Weeks, she has books, tapes and a video. take care

EmmaJane
18-06-05, 21:18
Oh well there we go Vernon.... nope never heard of her:D

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

pips
19-06-05, 21:42
Hi Lisa,[8D]

I found this on Amazon for you I tried to put in the link for the exact page but it wouldn't work unfortunately.

If you go to www.amazon.com and type in Claire Weekes Self help for you nerves you will see a few there.

I hope this helps you.

Take care,

Love Pip'S X X