PDA

View Full Version : swimming

purplehaze
26-11-08, 09:28
As a non-swimmer I would not just jump into the sea and hope some natural desire to survive would enable me to cope. Sure there is a chance that I would make it but I would be foolish to put myself in danger.

I would be better taking swimming lessons and then if I did happen to fallin to the sea I would have a fighting chance of making it to the beach.

Its the same as panic attacks/agoraphobia

There would be no point in me jumping out of the house and into my car and heading off on a long journey because I know I would not make it

Gradual exposure and learning how to cope is the best way to cope. Lets all keep taking these small steps to recovery and maybe this new year will be the year where we move forward

Veronica H
26-11-08, 09:35
:) Wise and comforting words. Thanks.

Veronica

PUGLETMUM
26-11-08, 10:16
:yesyes: i agree, when confidence and self-belief are low what is the point of trying to take on the world? its only going to lead to failure and further disappointment? this happened to me and it was only when i strarted to lower my expectations and self-imposed standards that i strarted to get better. good luck to you and thanks for encouragement:hugs: