PDA

View Full Version : Anxious Majority Of Days

carla7777
26-11-08, 14:59
Hi I'm new to this website and feel I need some advice or reassurance from other sufferers of general anxiety. Where shall i start? I have always been a worrier for as long as i can remember... I am 31 now so atleast 20 years or so... Over the past 2 tears or so it has really escalated almost to the point of been unbearable - some days are good :) but the majority arn't :weep: I often wake up just feeling not with it, jittery, irritable, fuzzy head, can't concentrate, lose apetite, eyes go out of focus and these symptoms last all day and perhaps for about 4-5 days at a time. It is really hard for me to convince myself that there is nothing else wrong with me and my husband is fed up of me asking if there is anything else wrong with me. I have just had a baby 5 months ago and feel worse than ever. When i was pregnant i didn't have any of the symptoms at all but now it seems that they're back with a vengeance! My doctor thinks i'm a hypocondriac and have me down as having 'chronic anxiety' which i already know. I just want to feel normal if that's possible and enjoy life again. Any suggestions please?

carla7777
26-11-08, 16:18
Hi thanks for your reply! I have 3 doctors at the practice who have known me since i was little... They all agree that i am a chronic worrier and have tried me on various things like anti-depressants, beta-blockers etc. I have previously had post-natal depression with my first daughter who's now 7 so i know it's not that this time. One dr is very good with me but doesn't think that counselling is the 'way forward' for me and thinks that i should do more exercise for an hour a day. Another dr has the same opinion and constantly says 'healthy body, healthy mind'. It would be fine if i had time to myself for an hour a day but with 2 children it's impossible. There is a lady dr at the surgery who works one morning a week - on loan from another surgery and she was the one who referref me for counselling. I have also had counselling through my occupational health dept at work which worked but then got to a point where she couldn't help me anymore and once i stopped seeing her eventually the panic, anxiety came back.:weep: I constantly worry that there must be something else wrong with me and that it can't all be caused by my nerves. To look at me, people don't think that there's anything wrong with me but i feel crap.