PDA

View Full Version : New

ange2008
26-11-08, 15:58
Hi

Have jsut found this website after suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for 4 years on and off. I was absolutely shocked when the doc told my I'd been having panic attacks 4 years ago and am currently on my 3rd period of anxiety/panic attacks.

As I said abaove the first period was 4 years ago and it really shocked me - what shocked me more was the doc I saw at that time put me on lithium, which I understand now was not a suitable treatment, I only took it for 2 weeks though. The anxiety/panics lasted about 3 months but I got over them as I met my now husband and my life was great and happy. Then approximately 2 years ago I had a bit of a breakdown after a prolonged period of stress from work, I took citalopram and went for CBT and after a few months felt much better. I was fine then until a few weeks ago when I went on a course from work and had a panic attack and ever since have been feeling really anxious and a bit depressed

One thing I have noticed is that the 3 episodes of anxiety/panic I have had have always started late October, getting much worse in November - has anyone found that?

Sorry to ramble on, not sure really what info I'm supposed to give to introduce myself really!!!

Nookster
26-11-08, 17:31
:welcome: ange, while its by no means a informed
opinion I do remember reading something on some
people that find the winter months more tougher
on their mood patterns so it maybe something.

Anyways here you will find lots of info and people
only to willing to share :hugs:

Mike.

lorac
26-11-08, 17:38
Hi Ange

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

pooh
26-11-08, 23:07
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

weeble40
27-11-08, 00:06
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

ange2008
27-11-08, 09:38
Ah thanks for your replies, can tell I'm a bit depressed as I had tears in my eyes whilst reading them! Keep thinking am going mad!

bab
27-11-08, 09:42
Ange, big welcome and your def not going mad - its a common sign of anxiety to think that you are but it actually means you are less likely to be than a "normal" - whatever that may be - person

lots of love x