PDA

View Full Version : help - i feel so alone

irishannemarie
26-11-08, 17:09
Hi everyone,

I've just moved here to the UK from Ireland and I feel so low. I have suffered from depression in the passed. Partially due to an abusive ex who raped me though that was three years ago now.
I feel really alone since moving. My boyfriend lives here too and has been incredible but I just can't get back on my feet. I was teaching for a few weeks but ended up being so low i quit my job. I was useless to the school and most importantly to the kids so why bother staying there and making things worse. I moved in with my boyfriend who lives a large distance away from where i was teaching and am now looking for a new job. No work is coming up and i've little money. with christmas coming up i feel so desperate. I don't have money to ay back my loans and i don't know how I'm going to get any christmas presents.
I feel like i've failed my family. I've nothing to show or my life except debt. I miss home so much and i miss feeling useful.

Help. I'm getting desperate and feel like ending it all.

janeybaby25
26-11-08, 17:15
aw honey, well first of all :welcome: to NMP. You will get lots of good advice & make friends on here. second of all, I cannot image what its like to go through something you have & also have had to move from your family home to a different country. Could you maybe go see your GP & see if they can do anything to help? they are some meds you could take to help you & also refer you to see someone to help you out. Sounds to me like you need professional help as well as this website. Feel free to PM me if you wish to talk about anything. Don't say you feel like ending things, they is always a way. I know t doesn't feel like it at the minute but they is help out there for you, so I say take it with both hands & don't just do it for yourself, do it for your family too. Just think of them & try & get yourself the help to get better. Sending you lots of these honey. xxxx :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

ElizabethJane
26-11-08, 17:17
Maybe you could get some help from the citizens advice? They would be able to work out a plan to help you pay off your debt.

janeybaby25
26-11-08, 17:19
also, forget about xmas pressies, that is one stress you don't need. Talk to your family & try making homemade stuff instead. Its cheaper & it might take mind of stuff and give you a reason to get up & do something. You could put together a food hamper for people or bake a cake & some cookies. People will understand, they is a credit crunch on after all! anyway, like I said, PM if you want to talk ok? xxxx