PDA

View Full Version : Burning sensation and drowsiness

yanksforever
26-11-08, 17:10
OH GOSH. I was sitting down worrying about my symptom from yesterday (drowsiness)....and then I noticed that the top of my right hand, I has this horrible burning sensation. I went and put cold water on it..didnt go away, it looks completely normal. Anyway it lasted like 20 mins and then it lessened quiet a bit but I can still feel it a bit...

As for my drowsiness...well for the past 3 days after dinner when I sit down online, I begin to feel really sleepy...I get a sleepy head and my arms feel kind of sleepy too...it lasts into the next day! I'm getting 10 hours or sleep!!! I've noticed I'm sleepy really soundly too..as if I haven't slept in ages??

Anyway I get up and it lasts for about 3-4 hours after I am up, and then it lessens as I do things and I don't notice it for a while. Right before and after dinner I didn't feel it at all.

It's not like I don't have energy. I do. Whats with the sleepy head and burning sensation? Is it just down to anxiety and lack of exercise ( I'll admit, i dont get much air or exercise.)

jill
27-11-08, 00:31
Hi hun :D :hugs:

I have had the burning sensation, on my face, my arm, my hand, the top of my legs, Mmm, not all at once though, mine was due to anxiety, from my understanding it was the nervous system.

The nervous system is a very large complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

I know for me it felt like a minor burn, the area could be an inch acorss to a larger area, very tender to touch, it could last for seconds or a few hours, mine always went, then came back again from time to time, not had this symptom in along time.

Hunny, you mention drowsiness too, Mmmm, I have had, for many, many years, what I called Zaps of tierdness, I mean, soooo tired the floor looks very inviting, you just feel the NEED to go to sleep. Does yours feel like that? I had mine for many, many years, Mmm, will not go into that, BUT, mine was all anx related. I am, NOW, panic, high anxiety free because of this great site, if I am under alot of stress this symptom can happen of a morning, ohh boy, my get up and go, has got up and gone, BUT, i know how to deal with it now, I tiedy my kitchen, ohh I know, I know, sounds strange, BUT, I don't give in to it work through it and it passes. Deal with what my stresses are at the time and it can leave me for along time. Ohh boy, its NOT half as bad as it used to me (long story) I am soo happy.

Not sure if the symptoms I HAD, are the same as yours hunny, they do sound the same, I know mine where all anxiety related.

With the sleep head, its soooo importent to know just how much your mind needs to sleep, YOU CAN have to much, you can allso have to little, finding the balance for yourself can be hard.

With me, I was defo, having far to much sleep, like you, I would have 10 hours or MORE, waking up and feeling the need to want more. In the day, the Zaps could happen, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. When I slept, I slept, it was a joke in our house that I could sleep on a wahing line and through an earth quake LOL, Mm, not funny really, it became a real problem for me, BUT, one that is sorted now.

I used to think, we slept to rest your body, Mmm, its not, its to rest your mind, NOW, if you think about it, if the mind rest far to much, its NOT being stimulated enough, YES.

So hunny, set times for bed, set time in getting up, lower your times when sleeping, MORE exercise, but know your limits on this hunny, don't do to much exercise at first, little by little and build up is better.

Find for yourself just how much sleep you need, this takes alot of hard work and time, but it does help in the long run..

I know its dame hard for you NOT to worry, but you know hun, the more you worry about a symptom the more it feeds your anxiety.

Make small goels to help yourself, little exercise and change your sleep patten, see how things go.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

yanksforever
27-11-08, 14:43
Thanks you Jill, I agree with you completely and you post helped me a lot. The burning sensation has dissappeared. If it comes back, I won't let it bother me as much. I really do think it's anxiety...I have had anxiety and HA since June...much less now though, symptoms have lessened a lot too (no more thuds in the chest, adrenaline rushes or skipped beats, no more TMJ, no more tense chest and arm muscles) but sometimes if I'm preoccupied they seem to come back...smaller ones, like nervousness and twitching and that burning must be a new one. Mine was also in a small area, about 1-2 inches.

Also I agree that too much sleep is bad for our minds too. I've been like this for the past year. I graduated HS in June 2007 and I'll start college in January, so in between I've been home doing nothing but sleeping and eating and being anxious....

I REALLY need exercise. I think going to college and having that schedule, plus the daily activity will be very good for my health.

::HUGS:: Thanks! <3