PDA

View Full Version : Mouth ulcers or normal?

Helen1973
26-11-08, 18:58
Hey everyone.

Mouth ulcers tend to be one of my triggers for anxiety. I just wanted to ask if tiny white spots under the skin of the inner cheeks are normal (i.e. not ulcers). They don't look like ulcers as there is no break in the skin or raised area or anything at all like that. If I didn't suffer from anxiety I'd put them down to being normal, but as I do suffer from anxiety I have to ask. Does anyone else have these tiny white spots?

Thanks hugely in advance for any replies.:hugs:

ETA: They re totally painless btw

yanksforever
26-11-08, 19:41
Ohh yeah they're normal dear. Do they come and go? Do they hurt? Mine happen on my lip or under my tounge and they come and go...I've heard extreme stress is a trigger. They hurt a lot, in my case.

What you have sounds very normal.

Helen1973
26-11-08, 19:57
Ohh yeah they're normal dear. Do they come and go? Do they hurt? Mine happen on my lip or under my tounge and they come and go...I've heard extreme stress is a trigger. They hurt a lot, in my case.

What you have sounds very normal.

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't tell you if they come and go because I haven't noticed them before. They're totally painless though. The rational part of me says these arent ulcers, but a normal part of the flesh of my inner cheeks. I've had ulcers before and you can see the break in the skin and the slight pain. These are just like tiny white pimples under smooth skin. I'm probably overthinking...as you do:blush:

yanksforever
26-11-08, 20:32
I think i have what you do...

anxiety sucks. currently im having a burning sensation on two fingers of my right hand, ugh

EmmaJane
26-11-08, 20:49
Hi,

Yeh these are normal, I have these all the time

Helen1973
26-11-08, 21:09
Hi,

Yeh these are normal, I have these all the time

Thank you EmmaJane! That is so reassuring to know.:hugs: :yesyes:

Ddcoo
27-11-08, 12:26
Me too, I have had them for years and they are also on the underside of my top lip. Many years ago I mentioned it to the doctor and he said "It's just the way you are made", so please don't worry.

Helen1973
27-11-08, 17:19
Me too, I have had them for years and they are also on the underside of my top lip. Many years ago I mentioned it to the doctor and he said "It's just the way you are made", so please don't worry.

Thanks so much for the reply, Ddcoo! I will definately try and relax about this now.:hugs: