PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and thanks.

jwoulf
26-11-08, 22:32
I am so glad to have found this place. So many experiences that others have had sound exactly like what I am going through.

I have had anxiety and occasional panic attacks & fainting all my life, combined with a constant irrational fear of physical illness. I am constantly believing that I have some horrible disease, but all my medical tests always come back normal. Even after this I still worry. What can I do to get these thoughts off my mind?

Two months ago, my father died of cancer. My anxiety/panic has been getting worse ever since. The past two weeks have been brutal. All-but-constant adrenaline rush, fast heart rate, fear, inability to go to work, multiple hospital visits, taking Ativan.

janeh
26-11-08, 22:51
Not suprising you are feeling like this so soon after your father's death. Have you though about some bereavement counselling? It takes time to deal with this and it is bound to affect you. You have a lot of emotions to deal with, give yourself time and dont pressure yourself too much. Talk to your GP and please watch out for the Ativan, they are notorious for rebound enxiety.

Janeh

Grayw
26-11-08, 22:53
welcome,i'm relatively new myself and i'm sure you will find comfort here.

pooh
26-11-08, 23:12
Hi there and welcome to NMP

Pooh x

weeble40
27-11-08, 00:05
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx