PDA

View Full Version : Burning and itching sensations

Scared_rebecca
27-11-08, 03:50
Hello, just wondering if anyone else has the same things going on as I do. For the last week i have been getting burning sensations, mostly on my neck. I also seem to be itchy too. I don't have any allergy's, so I am kinda worried. The burning sensations seem to be mostly on my neck, and arms. Today it happened when i was at the grocery store, and i started getting panic symptoms. Also, tomorrow I am going in for minor surgery, and i am really freaking out...i am sooo scared that i will not wake up from the anesthesia! i am scared they will do something to injure me or something! It just seems that my anxiety is spiraling out of control again. I am scared of everything. I found this site the other day, and was so relieved to see that people are experiencing the same disturbing thoughts as me, and having the same symptoms...so THANK YOU..to whoever came up with this site...i certainly find comfort in being able to come here and talk :)

Scared_rebecca
27-11-08, 23:12
Well the surgery went good :) But i had an aweful bad panic attack before they put me out. when they put the anethetic in me i freaked...my head, and arms felt funny. i was so terrified, but i made it through. Now i am at home, and in bed...and now i am worrying that maybe they made a mistake and hurt me somehow inside. my hand and arms are really itchy, and i have some burning sensations on my face. It also feels hard to breathe, like in my throat. i have a headache too, and a heaviness in my chest. i know it is probably anxiety, but sometimes it is so hard to believe when you are going through the physical symptoms :(

jill
28-11-08, 00:23
Hi hun :D :hugs:

Ohh don't be to hard on yourself, :hugs: you did great hunny :hugs:

As for the burning sensation, I have had this, in lots of places on my body, my was all anxiety realted. from what I know, its due the the nervous system, the iching can be this too.

The nervous system is a very large complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

All your other symptoms are common anxiety symptoms, if you go to the symptoms page you will see, a list of common symptoms.

I know you are scared hunny, but your fear will feed your anxiety and make the symptoms worse.

YOU DID GREAT today :hugs: be proud of yourself. These symptoms will go.

YOU TAKE CARE and have a good nights sleep :hugs:

LOVE JILLXXX